Registered Nurse ( RGN / RMN / RNLD )
Location: Edinburgh - near to Blackford
Salary: £13.13 - £13.89 per hour (£28,600 - £35,300 per annum) - negotiable depending on experience, qualifications and capabilities
Hours: Full Time or Part Time hours available - very flexible (paid breaks) - Options of hours available - 12, 24, 36, 42 or 48 hours per week
Shifts: Days or Nights available - paid breaks
Contract type: Permanent
*Salary Equivalent to NHS Band 5 & 6*
*£1000 Welcome Bonus for all new nurses that join the company*
Further Details : We are currently looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Registered Nurse to work within a purpose-built Elderly and Dementia Nursing Home based just outside of Edinburgh's city centre. Split across separate specific units, the Nursing Home offers long-term and respite care for general elderly nursing, specialist dementia care, and care for younger adults with physical disabilities. They also look after residents who have Parkinson's and Huntington's. The home is situated within a picturesque setting and has been refurbished to ensure the highest level of comfort for residents and working conditions for staff.
The service enjoys an excellent reputation for care quality and succeeds in offering an attentive, friendly and homely environment. Staff morale is very high and they have excellent working conditions. The home offers a warm and friendly environment.
The Home Manager has been with the company for a substantial amount of time and is highly-qualified in various areas of nursing, so would be keen to invest time into the training and development of all staff. There are also plenty of opportunities to undertake additional training courses externally on top of the extensive in-house training.
This home is currently offering a £1000 Welcome Bonus for new nurses who join the home.
Person Specification: Applicants must be RGN or RMN or RNLD trained and must hold a valid PIN. All applicants should be eligible to live and work in the UK without restriction. We welcome applications from newly-qualified or experienced nurses as a full preceptorship programme is available.
Employee Benefits include:
- Comprehensive training scheme - all statutory training plus specific training as per the needs of your role e.g. Medication Management, Tissue Viability, Wound Care, Dementia Care
- Preceptorship programmes for newly-qualified nurses
- Clear career development pathways and progression within the company
- £1000 welcome bonus
- Relocation package available up to £1000 for those relocating within the UK
- Reimbursement for the cost of your NMC PIN to be renewed
- Annual pay reviews
- Health Benefits e.g. free eye tests, discounted gym membership, flu vaccine
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel discounts
- Cash Plan discount card
- The cost of your DBS Check with be paid for by the company (£44)
- Hot meal provided whilst on duty
- Free uniform provided
- Paid Breaks
- Free parking
- National Employment Savings Trust pension
- Life assurance
- Indemnity insurance
- 28 days' annual leave including bank holidays
- Sick pay - 6 weeks' paid sick pay
For more information regarding this vacancy, please contact Erin Giles on or send a copy of your CV to