My client are one of the highest rated care homes in Sheffield and are now looking for an experienced and highly motivated registered nurse to join their busy team caring for their residents.
The care home provides high quality nursing and palliative care for older people. They are part of a registered charity, this means they are a non-profit home and invest all funds back into the service they provide. They are committed to providing the highest standards of care to their residents and they value their staff.
They have a highly skilled team of nurses and care staff that carry out tailored care and qualified staff are never asked to work alone. The home comprises of 40 single rooms all with en-suite facilities and have nurse call systems together with an activities program that promotes personal health.
In your new role you will:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care for a named group of patients.
- Actively support nurses in the team to work in partnership with the patients and their families.
- Communicate effectively with all staff within the Nursing Home and liaise with other professionals outside the Home with particular respect to discharge planning.
- Support the senior sister and manager and supervise, teach and develop staff in the team and contribute to the development of the Nursing Home.
- Demonstrate and develop through evidence based practice high quality nursing care.
- Ensure the Nursing Home Statement of Purpose is reflected in practice.
We would be keen to speak with candidates with the following skills and experience:
- A valid NMC Pin
- Full eligibility to live and work in the UK
- A minimum of 2 years post registration experience
- Management experience
- Knowledge of care of the elderly/palliative care approach
- Knowledge of audit process
- Presentation skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Professional Development skills
Experience of working with the elderly in a care home is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided. In addition to the above an ENB 998 teaching and assessing in clinical practice or equivalent would be an advantage.
Working Hours, Pay and Benefits
1 x Part Time position is available: you will work a combination of earlies 7.30am to 3pm and lates 2.30pm to 10pm, working a total of 21 hours per week
You will receive £14.10 per hour for weekdays and £16.92 per hour for weekends.
6 weeks holiday entitlement per annum.
How to Apply
If this has excited you and you feel you have the ambition and drive to excel in this role please send me your CV with a covering letter, outlining why you feel you are the best candidate.
Please remember to add your phone number, email address and full home address to your application. If this information is missing it slows down our process and may result in us not being able to contact you.
Kea HR & Recruitment operates as a recruitment agency for the provision of permanent candidates.
- Palliative Care
- Registered Nurses