Registered Nurse - Oncology
Salary up to £32,000
Our client - one of the industry leading private healthcare providors - is actively looking for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Wards/Chemotherapy department. This position is predominantly for a nurse with chemotherapy administration qualification and skills but part of the role is also to care for surgical day case patients on the occasions when no chemotherapy patients are booked for treatment.
Would you like to spend more time with your patients whilst also growing and developing your nursing career at a private hospital? The entire focus of our cancer unit is centred on the needs of the individual patient
As a Registered Nurse, you will provide high quality nursing by assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating care.
You will be responsible and accountable for their own practice within the clinical area and for delivering a quality service at all times and will be expected to participate in implementing and evaluating change using current research, audit and experience.
You will work effectively within the multidisciplinary team; supervising junior staff and deputising for the senior staff nurses or sisters when necessary.
Duties of this role include:
- To manage the patient's chemotherapy journey and follow the BMI chemotherapy pathway
- To deliver cytotoxic and other prescribed therapies, intravenously, intramuscularly, subcutaneously and orally.
- To support patients and their significant others before, during and after treatments.
- Valid NMC Pin Number
- Administration of cytotoxic medicines certificate
- Previous experience working in the same role
The role is offering a competitive salary and benefits package which includes:
- 25 Days paid Annual leave + Bank holidays
- Defined Contribution Pension scheme up to 4.5% matched by employer
- Private Medical insurance
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Bi-annual health Screening
- Family and Friends Discount on services
- 24 -7 Counselling program.
For the full job description and more information and or to apply please call Jenna O'Rourke on and or email
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job