Registered Nurse / Midwife
£31,500 Full Time (medical and nursing)
Registered Nurse required in Brixton for a one of the largest providers of safe abortion, contraception and family planning services. This international company protects the rights of individuals by preventing unwanted births.
We are recruiting for a full time nurse for the Brixton Clinic. You will be contracted to 37.5 hours per week working between Monday and Saturday (7.5 hours per day between the hours of 7.30am and 5.30pm).
Reporting to the Clinical Operations Manager, the main purpose of this role is to provide excellent care within our client's philosophy of minimal intervention.
Key responsibilities include: -
- Assisting with Abortions
- Undertaking pre-operative pregnancy and vasectomy consultations
- Undertaking pregnancy testing, blood testing, STI screening and ultra sound scanning
- Pre and post op care with the patient
- Admission, assessment and discharge of patients
- Preparing and cleaning of all clinical areas pre and post treatment
- Administration of medications
To be successful in this role, you will be / have: -
- NMC Registered Nurse or Midwife
- Current Intermediate Life Support Certificate ILS
- At least 2 years post registration experience (it is desirable if you have experience in Accident and Emergency, Theatre, Gynaecology and/or Family Planning)
- YOU MUST BE 'PRO CHOICE' ON ABORTION
As well as an excellent salary at £31,500, in return for the commitment and hard work that you show, you will be provided with career support, on the job training (such as ultrasound scanning) and a supportive environment for development. If you are interested in this position, please apply by submitting your CV to Julie at
KEYWORDS: Registered Nurse, Registered General Nurse, A&E Nurse, Theatre Nurse, Midwife, Family Planning, Gynaecology, Brixton, Medical and Nursing, South London
- Registered Nurse
- Theatre Nurse
- A&E Nurse