We are looking to appoint nurses with an interest in Cardiology to join our expanding team in the Cardiac Catheter Suite. We offer a variety of services from coronary intervention/ TAVI/ EP/ Devices and Neuro intervention. We currently have 4 Cath Labs but are in the process of expanding to 5 labs. We have a mobile Catheter Suite at our sister hospital in Rugby, which you would be required to rotate to.
Your main duties within the Catheter Lab would be to care for patients during their cardiac or neurology procedure in the form of IV medication administration, documentation and will also have the opportunity to scrub for both cardiac and neurology procedures.
There is a competency package and training plan which you will be supported through whilst you are being trained, and you will rotate to both areas to ensure you gain a wide Cardiology knowledge base. Following completion of your training you will be required to join an on-call rota to look after patients receiving emergency procedures.
In conjunction with the Band 5 job description the Cardiac Catheter Suite Specific skills required would ideally be:
1. To assess, plan, implement, evaluate and provide high quality nursing care. For patients requiring specialist diagnostic and interventional procedures.
2. To work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team, with such professions as Radiographer, Cardiac Physiologists, Anaesthetists, ODPs and Doctors.
3. To provide assistance in the diagnostic/ interventional clinical areas as circulatory and/or scrub nurse
4. To be responsible for the coordination of the Special Procedures area in the absence of a more senior nurse.
5. Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
6. ILS trained or willingness to undertake.
7. Competent in intravenous cannulation or willingness to undertake relevant training in the procedure.
8. Competent in intravenous medication administration or willingness to undertake relevant training in the procedure.
9. Competent in basic ECG recognition or willingness to undertake the training.
10. Ensure personal and professional development is progressed through Individual Performance Development Review.
11. Demonstrate understanding of research based practice, and participate as required in audit.”
Recruiting to Values
To ensure that we provide world-class patient care, UHCW recruits people that can demonstrate the Trust’s Values and Behaviours in their everyday life. Therefore, if you are invited to interview, you will be undertaking a Values Based Interview/Assessment, which explores not only what you do but how and why you do it.
Before applying, we encourage you to review the Trust’s Values and Behaviours Framework and Values Based Recruitment Factsheet which can be accessed on the right side of this page under the job description.
The Supporting Information Section in your application should therefore reflect your understanding of the Trust’s Values and associated Behaviours. You will be expected to provide us with examples from work experience and/or personal life which demonstrate these values through your behaviour.
All correspondence will be sent by email; please check your account regularly including your Junk/SPAM folders
For further details / informal visits contact:
Please do not hesitate to contact Carly Baker on / or email via firstname.lastname@example.org
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'