BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Coombe Wing has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Nursing department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- First Level Registration
- Up to date clinical knowledge and awareness of current nursing developments and research
- Excellent customer care skills
- Possession of a current professional portfolio
- Ability to use own initiative
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm and adaptability
- Using the frameworks of clinical governance to inform practice.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible approach to shift patterns
- Willingness to undertake further education
Duties of this role include:
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care. To accept responsibility of the unit, in the absence of more senior staff. To assist in the supervision and development of care assistants. To undertake nursing and other associated duties as may be required and work as part of the team. To act in accordance with the Nursing & Midwifery Council Code of Conduct, Scope of Professional Conduct, hospital policies, procedures and guidelines.
- To independently assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care, with support from senior staff.
- To be confident in the supervision of nurse assistants and student nurses.
- To apply a high level of clinical skill in order to recognise and respond appropriately to changes in the patient’s condition.
- To monitor and maintain a safe, clean and therapeutic environment.
- To implement research based clinical practice.
- Ability to administer all drugs safely including intravenous therapy independently.
- To be competent in extended roles such as phlebotomy, cannulation and ECG monitoring or be willing to undertake the appropriate training.
- To be able to recognise potential clinical challenges and ways of dealing with them.
- To communicate effectively with the patients, relatives, nursing and multidisciplinary team.
- The ability to convey accurately to the consultants any changes in the patient’s condition.
- To recognise complaints, comments and suggestions, dealing with them appropriately and reporting to the senior staff.
- Ability to provide clear and accurate written accounts of care.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.