BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Shirley Oaks has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Pre-Assessment department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- NMC level 1 Registered Nurse
- Post Registration clinical courses as IV, Cannulation, ALS, AIMS are desirable.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal sensitively with all our customers and to liaise effectively with medical and nursing staff.
- Strong experience in an acute post registration setting.
- Post registration in a Surgical related department.
Preferred working knowledge of the independent sector, but not essential.
- To deliver and maintain high standards of nursing care within the ward area.
- To lead the nursing team on nights.
- To accept delegated responsibilities from the Ward Sister / Ward Manager.
- To deliver at all times high standards of quality care by assessment, evaluation and implementation of patient needs and guide others in this process.
- To accept delegated responsibilities from Ward Manager / Sister as required.
- Monitor staffing levels in relation to patient dependency.
- Ensure accurate records of patients’ care and progress maintained through individualised care plans.
- To formulate, in conjunction with Senior Nursing staff, procedures and standards and participate in Clinical Audits.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job