Newcross Healthcare are seeking an experienced Registered Mental Health Nurse to work with our clients in line with the Newcross Philosophy of Care and always with a person-centred focus.
We have vacancies throughout the Tyne and Wear area in Newcastle, Gateshead, Tynemouth, Wallsend, Jarrow, Low Fell, Tyneside and the surrounding towns through our local Newcastle branch.
Due to the location of some of our clients a willingness to travel may be required for this role.
As a mental health nurse (RMN), you will be working closely with patients who can be anxious or confused so a calm approach is vital to establish rapport. Another important aspect of this role is providing support for family and friends of the person who play a key part in their life. It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
You will be working closely with patients who can be anxious or confused so a calm approach is vital to establish rapport. Another important aspect of this role is providing support for family and friends of the person who play a key part in their life.
We are able to provide opportunities in a range of settings with service users who present with substance misuse or alcohol or drug dependency and therefore a proficiency in enabling and treating patients is essential.
We can offer you flexible hours that fit around your other commitments, with support from a local line manager and our clinical excellence team who will assist you through Revalidation.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.Platinum Ticket Invitation
As a Registered Nurse, you can access our exclusive Platinum Ticket Invitation, which means you'll receive a free uniform when you join our team, a free DBS check upfront, and a £500 welcome bonus after your first 250 hours of work with Newcross.Perks
- Free DBS check upfront and free uniform
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Salary of up to £27.65/hr including holiday pay
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- NurChat nurse forum - get support and discuss issues with your peers
Newcross Healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career.
It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.Requirements
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application and use code NursePlatinum to claim your platinum package
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.
- part time
- Practice Nurse
- full time
- general nurse
- registered general nurse
- health care
- GP Surgery
- GP nurse
- newcastle nurse