If you are a Registered Mental Health Nurse and live in the Norwich area, then we have an opportunity for you to work for a forward thinking mental health hospital.
The job would be on a flexible or full-time basis and will include weekends, days and night as a 24/7 unit.
Duties will include:
• Caring for patients experiencing acute mental distress or who have an enduring mental illness;
• Assessing and talking to patients about their problems and discussing the best way to plan and deliver their care;
• Building relationships with patients to encourage trust, while listening to and interpreting their needs and concerns;
• Ensuring the correct administration of medication, including injections, and monitoring the results of treatment;
• Responding to distressed patients in a non-threatening manner and attempting to understand the source of distress;
• Applying 'de-escalation' techniques to help people manage their emotions and behaviour;
• Preparing and participating in group and/or one-to-one therapy sessions, both individually and with other health professionals;
• Providing evidence-based individual therapy, such as cognitive behaviour therapy for depression and anxiety;
• Encouraging patients to take part in art, drama or occupational therapy where appropriate;
• Organising social events aimed at developing patients' social skills and helping to reduce feelings of isolation;
• Preparing and maintaining patient records;
• Producing care plans and risk assessments for individual patients;
• Ensuring that the legal requirements appropriate to a particular setting or group of patients are observed;
• Working with patients' families and carers, helping to educate them and the patient about their mental health problems;
• Promoting a 'recovery' based approach to care.
Applicants must have:
• Registered NMC PIN
• Enhanced DBS
• Proof of Right to Work
• Current Trainings
• Experience in a similar role
Quattro Healthcare employees need to be professional, punctual and passionate about making a difference. Quattro Healthcare; exceptional care, exceptional people.
Location: Outskirts of Norwich, Norfolk
Benefits: FREE Refresher Training, Staff Uniform, 24/7 Support, Pension Scheme, Refer-a-Friend Scheme
At Quattro Healthcare we offer excellent rates of pay as advertised, as well as full-time hours or block bookings.
Please contact the team on: or the on-call mobile
Or bring all relevant documents to:
Quattro Healthcare Ltd
Queen Street, Old Bank of England Court, Norwich, NR2 4SX
Due to the high volume of applications for each of our roles, if you do not receive a response within 14 days then your application has not been successful, however we may keep your details on file and contact you with regard to any other suitable roles.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of Quattro Healthcare LTD who operate as an Employment Business. Quattro Healthcare Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job