Do you have a passion for providing first class care? Are you a Qualified Band 5 Mental Health Nurse with experience within in-patient settings seeking flexible shift work?
We have various shift patterns available within a new Mental Health Hospital located in Blackpool supporting adults with mental illness.
There are a variety of shift patterns available working on wards such as acute, PICU, and advanced care supporting working age and older adults; pay will be £18-£27 (Umbrella) per hour dependant on the shift pattern.
Shift patterns available
You will be working within a supportive multi-disciplinary team; though this role may be challenging at times, it is rewarding due to the difference your support will make to people's lives.
Benefits to you:
- Randstad Care work in partnership, with the RCN, to support Nurses with the revalidation process. Free revalidation and training sessions are available for all of our Nurses to attend, free of charge, with ongoing support from both Randstad Care and the RCN thereafter
- Dedicated primary consultant with a secondary point of contact so there is always someone here to take your call
- Weekly pay runs via an online pay system
- Access to free training courses
- Referral scheme up to £200 vouchers per successful referral
- Online fast track DBS applications
Responsibilities would include:
- Assessing and talking to patients about their problems and discussing the best way to plan and deliver their care
- Building relationships with patients to encourage trust, while listening to and interpreting their needs and concerns
- Ensuring the correct administration of medication and monitoring the results of treatment
- Responding to distressed patients in a non-threatening manner and attempting to understand the source of distress
- Applying 'de-escalation' techniques to help people manage their emotions and behaviour
- Preparing and maintaining patient records and producing care plans and risk assessments
- Ensuring that the legal requirements appropriate to a particular setting or group of patients are observed
To be considered for this rewarding opportunity, you must:
- Have a valid NMC registration
- Minimum of 1 year post qualifying experience working within a similar role
To avoid missing out on such a brilliant opportunity, apply today.
Please contact me on or email
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.
- Mental Health Nursing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job