Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN)
Location: Yarl’s Wood Immigration Centre, Bedfordshire
£27,953.10 per annum - 2 years or less post qualification experience
£33,129.60 per annum - 2 years or plus post qualification experience
40 Hours: Various Shifts: Day Shifts - 8am to 8.30pm and Night Shifts 8.00pm to 8.30am.
G4S are one of the UK’s leading providers of Healthcare and substance misuse support within secure environments including Prisons, Secure training centres, Immigration Centres and Police Custody Suites. We provide a wide range of treatment options which include Primary Healthcare, Clinical and Psychosocial Substance Misuse Service and Primary and Secondary Mental Health. In addition we have vast experience of providing large scale clinical services on a 24/7 basis by providing forensic medical services to Custody and SARC environments. We are a clinically driven company with an equally strong operations management team. Focus is on delivering quality of service and high patient outcomes through the ulitisation of a skilled, experienced and professional clinical team supported by both robust clinical and corporate governance processes.
G4S Healthcare are currently recruiting a Registered Mental Health Nurse to support the healthcare contract at Yarl’s Wood IRC. This is a fully contained residential centre housing adult women and adult family groups awaiting immigration clearance. We focus on decency and respect in all aspects of care for our residents and use continuous innovation to further improve and develop our service.
Job Outline: To provide care for the physical and mental health needs of detainees in line with professional, contractual and company requirements
- Provide health and social care to offenders to ensure a professional service is delivered in line with professional, contractual and company standards, including security instructions.
- Undertake assessments of detainees to identify physical and mental health needs and determine the appropriate level of intervention, care and management.
- To work predominantly within own area of specialism but to operate as part of a team delivering generic primary care services.
- Provide professional advice and support to allied health professionals and non-clinical staff to ensure the effective health and social care of offenders in line with current best practice.
- Promotion of a positive health, safety and infection control culture to maintain a safe environment for all stakeholders.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimise risk.
- Operate in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct and G4S policies and procedures, adhering to legislation and best practice, undertaking further training as identified in conjunction with Line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
Registered Nurse or Paramedic
Experience of working within a team
Able to work within challenging and complex situations
Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 - 10 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting.
To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK.