Hollyhurst supports adults who are living with a learning disability and complex needs. The team can also support those with behaviours that may challenge, as well as those who have associated mental or physical health needs
• Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments and observations
• Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, and improve quality
• Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge and promote nursing
• Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals
• Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines
Why Cygnet? We'll offer you...
- RCNi membership
- Monthly reflective practice, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- A high quality work environment
- Free meals on duty
- Employee referral scheme
- Employee recognition initiatives
- Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health check
You will have...
• Experience as a Registered Nurse Mental Health / RMN or Learning Disability / RNLD with a current Pin Number
• The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
• A good understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983 and latest nursing practices
• A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
• Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
• The ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
• An interest in research and assessment
• Experience working with Learning disability, autism, challenging behaviour and positive behavioural support
If you care about making a difference - we want to talk to you!
Click the link to apply.
Based in Darlington, County Durham, Hollyhurst is a care home with nursing supporting up to 19 adults who are living with a learning disability and complex needs. Hollyhurst is a detached period property set in its own private gardens and accessed via a private tree lined drive. There are numerous living areas including a quiet lounge and two large communal lounges.
There is a family room for relaxing with visitors, as well as a computer room and life skills kitchen for learning independent living skills. There is an aromatherapy room, where an aromatherapist visits once a fortnight to provide uplifting massage to service users. There is also a new multi-sensory room that can be used for relaxation or stimulation. The garden project provides opportunities for service users to participate in growing fresh vegetables in the greenhouse and allotment located in the grounds.
In addition to the main house, within the grounds we also have Hollyhurst Lodge, a bespoke self-contained service delivering 24 hours care and support for two individuals.
Awards for Hollyhurst
- National Care Awards 2017 - Care Home Manager of the Year - Service Manager Jo Crook (Finalist)
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'