Job Paths 4 U is looking for a Registered Manager in Canterbury for a family-owned company with over 20 years child and adolescent mental health experience.
As the Registered Manager, you will work with young people aged 11 - 18 years with complex and challenging high-end behavioural needs, in a residential home based in Canterbury.
Our client is committed to providing all staff with a detailed and comprehensive induction and mentoring program which will support a Registered Manager transition into the Company.
They also welcome newly qualified Registered Managers to apply.
You will work for a company with an enviable reputation with local authorities for delivering good outcomes for young people and demonstrating resilience, with all their homes rated Good or Outstanding by Ofsted!
Our client is offering a £10,000 welcome bonus! for this registered Manager position.
Registered Manager Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Protect children and young people from threats to health, welfare and normal development inside and outside of the home environment
- Ensure the home environment is appropriate and sensitive to the needs of children and young people looked after
- Managing the home through procedures, policies and activities engaged in to provide a positive and enjoyable experience for the child or young person they are responsible for
- Ensuring key stages in the stay of the child or young person such as admissions, discharge, transfers are properly managed and recorded
- Ensure staff dealing with complex cases are given support and advice
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with social workers, teaching staff and other professionals from associated agencies engaged in childcare
- To assist in the management and operation of budget and petty cash within guidelines
- To assist in the homes budgeting estimates
- Providing leadership and guidance to assist in the development of staff
- To have responsibility in the deployment and management of staff on a day-to-day basis
- To be involved in the monitoring, appraisal and disciplining of staff
Registered Manager Requirements are:
- NVQ/QCF level 5 in Leadership and Management or equivalent qualification
- Have a proven track record in Managing Children’s Homes including recent positive Ofsted inspection reports
- Preferably possess five years experience working in a Children’s Home
- Be a motivated and committed individual, with a calm approach
- Appropriate knowledge and experience of residential care
- You will need to be able to react calmly in stressful situations and deal with difficult and challenging behaviours
Registered Manager benefits include:
- Bonus incentive scheme with the opportunity to earn a further £12,000 per annum!
- £10,000 welcome bonus paid after 6 months probation and registration
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage with enrolment onto the Updating Service at the cost of the employer
- 34 days leave per annum (plus extra days for loyalty after 3 years)
- Access to salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and workplace nursery scheme
- Company pension
- Use of Perkbox
- 4 weeks sick full pay
Contact: Nick at Job Paths 4 U
Check out our website for all of our current vacancies www.jobpaths4u.com
- Residential Services
- Social Care
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'