Spencer Clarke Group are working in partnership with Knowsley Borough Council to appoint a Registered Manager within their Children's and Young Person Service.
The role is on a minimum 2 – 3 month agency contract which is highly likely to be extended on an ongoing basis.
Rate of pay - £33.11 - £40 Per Hour. Negotiable depending on experience. (Please state your desired rate)
Location – Huyton, Merseyside, L36 6GA.
Position – Full time hours. (36 hours)
The Main Purpose of the role:
To have responsibility for managing children’s homes for the provision of care within the statement of purpose and to manage/supervise residential staff, who are supported by one or more Assistant Managers or senior residential child care worker, including the delegation and allocation of work commensurate with their respective grades.
- Provide a residential care service for children and young people with complex needs who have been assessed as identified as being children looked after and or on the edge of care.
- Contribute to the development and management of edge of care and preventative residential care preventative services.
- Ensure that systems and performance is monitored and managed effectively.
- Contribute to the planning, assessment and care planning of children who use the service. This includes involvement in the transition process to adult services.
- Ensure staffing at all times by devising and using an effective rota system. This will include the coordination between two homes.
- Manage imprest account for more than one home or ensure effective budget management oversight to contribute to central imprest process.
- To ensure that staff receive regular and effective supervision that address areas of practice and their own development.
- Be responsible for identifying the training needs of the staff team and to ensure that this is included in PR&D.
- Have an awareness of relevant legislation and guidance appropriate to the role.
- Be up to date with residential care home regulations and care standards and to meet the requirements.
- Have a good working knowledge of regulations and standards and be able to ensure that they are translated into practice for staff.
- Participate and contribute to appropriate meetings in the Division, and where appropriate represent the Division in other appropriate forums
- Manage the staff team and service within the Councils’ financial regulatory framework.
- Enhanced DBS check.
- Reference contact details covering last Five years of employment. (Names, Numbers & Email Addresses)
- Eligibility to work in the UK Document. (Passport etc..)
- Proof of Qualifications.
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- As a First Tier Supplier across many local authorities nationwide, you will have access to jobs earlier than other agencies.
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV to and contact Dane on as soon as possible.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'