Efficiently manage the day to day running of the business, which is based over two sites in Hull. Allocate resources and monitor performance to deliver high quality support to customers within budget. Manage all aspects of the staff team and provide sound leadership to ensure staff are clear about their respective duties and responsibilities and have the support they need to carry out their roles safely.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the safe delivery of the service in line with legislative requirements and company policy and procedures
- Undertake training and development to keep up to date with the law, best practice and changes in company policy. Apply this knowledge to day to day management and delivery of care
- Understand and monitor health and safety in the workplace and in the field.
- Maintain full and accurate records and reporting systems in accordance with legal requirements and to ensure the effective running of the business
- Implement quality management and improvement systems. Effectively manage complaints and incidents. Carry out investigations relating to the quality of the service and use findings to make improvements
- Promote the rights of each customer and keep their wishes at the centre of their care and support
- Make sure a written individually tailored care and support plan has been created and agreed, that respects the customer’s wishes and promotes their dignity and privacy. Agree appropriate risk control measures to reduce identified risks
- Provide the customer, and where appropriate their representatives, with information about the service so that they are clear about what to expect and how they can raise any concerns
- Apply excellent communication skills with customers, their families and representatives, staff and other health and social care professionals to deliver high quality support.
- Understand the Mental Capacity Act 2015 and how it relates to the customers we support. Ensure assessments and Deprivation of Liberty safeguards are in place as needed, and that staff understand the term 'lackcapacity’.
- Keep all information about customers and their families secure and confidential
Leadership Manage the effective recruitment, induction and training of the coordinator (s), supervisor (s), care workers and other support staff. Identify ongoing training needs and ensure staff are up to date with current best practice
- Ensure there are sufficient numbers of suitably qualified staff allocated appropriately to meet service needs at all times. Implement company policy and procedures in relation to managing absence, disciplinary, capability and grievance matters
- Provide information, guidance and ongoing supervision to enable staff to effectively and safely carry out their roles. Carry out appraisals and monitoring of staff performance, complete monthly staff meetings
- Ensure all emergency on-call issues are dealt with effectively
You should demonstrate, using examples where possible, how you meet the essential criteria.
Caring and compassionate towards people in need of care and support
Respect for people suffering from a range of medical conditions with different backgrounds and beliefs to your own. Strong commitment to non-discriminatory care practice
Commitment to respecting the rights of customers at all times and to promoting their privacy, dignity and independence throughout their lives
Self-motivated and keen to learn. Willing to seek guidance when needed and follow instructions
Excellent time keeper and reliable
Professional, smart appearance
Knowledge and understanding
Excellent understanding of the needs of people who require care and support in line with best practice and less restrictive.
Excellent understanding of the principles of high quality person centred care and support and non-discriminatory care practice
Good understanding of the regulatory responsibilities of a Registered Manager and the law relating to registered services.
Must have S/NVQ L5 or equivalent, or be willing to work towards a relevant management qualification
Understanding of systems to maintain confidentiality in relation to customers, staff and the business
Knowledge of health and safety matters in relation to services and risk management
Knowledge of how to recognise and report abuse and safeguarding procedures
Experience and skillsExcellent communication skills. Experience of building positive working rela
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'