The Candidate must have a minimum of 1 year in a management role inside of children’s residential care and OFSTED. This is an exciting opportunity for a positive, enthusiastic and motivated manager with excellent leadership skills, who has a desire to make a difference to help young people develop skills to support and fulfil their life’s ambitions.My Clients aims of the home are to provide a safe haven in which children and young people can learn appropriate life skills and behaviour, which will help them to live fulfilling lives beyond their time and experience in care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that each young person has a plan which reflects his / her care, education, social, emotional, cultural, therapeutic and health needs and that this plan is regularly reviewed.
- Allocating a Key Worker for each young person with the principal responsibility of implementing the childcare plan.
- Establishing and monitoring high quality standards of care in line with National Minimum Standards and the Home’s Statement of Purpose and developing quality assurance measures to ensure these standards are maintained.
- Developing systems in which young people are consulted about the quality of care they receive.
- Taking responsibility for progressing any complaints or child protection concerns
- Working in partnership with parents, carers and other professionals to safeguard and promote the welfare of young people
- Attending and contributing to child care planning and review meetings
- Social Work Qualification (DipSW) or NVQ Level 4 - Care/Management or Registered Managers Award
- 5 years working with children within the past 10 years plus 2 years at Senior Level in residential care
- Must have own transportation and a clean driving licence
- Knowledge of child development, appreciation of the needs of children and young people, and the effects of separation from next of kin
Closing date: ASAP
Contact: William Cooper at Developing Your Potential
Developing Your Potential is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.
We will collect and store personal information that you submit to us via this advertisement. For further information on how we use and protect the information that you provide, please visit our website.
- High Quality Standards
- Residential Care