Registered Manager - Rochdale - £25k+ (negotiable) - plus bonus
My clients are a domiciliary care group offering a wide range of home care services to the boroughs of Rochdale and Stockport. Their purpose is to provide customers a tailored and flexible care package that promotes their independence and supports them to remain in the comfort of their own homes.
Purpose of the role;
Provide overall day to day management of the Domiciliary Care and Home Help service. Support the Managing Director to achieve a high degree of service delivery, ensuring that goals are achieved through effective management practices and staff are motivated and supported to build strategic, long term and sustainable customer service relationships.
Working closely with other departmental managers and the finance team to ensure that cost data is current and that bench marks are in place to develop and grow the business by actively encouraging a proactive and strategic business development attitude with all levels of employees. Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with statutory requirements and organisational policies and procedures.
- Responsible for overseeing the development of all staff within the department
- Provide advice, guidance, mentoring and coaching to departmental team members to enable the delivery of best practice customer service in accordance with the organisations' quality assurance standards.
- Provide regular management reports to the Managing Director on turnover; recruitment activity; absence and all other employee relations matters as required.
- Maintain and develop established communication practices in order to enable a proactive team driven service.
- Manage the administration function of the department developing and designing improvements to systems (manual and electronic) in line with organisational priorities and strategic planning; together with the development of working practices to meet all anticipated challenges in the future.
- Develop marketing plans to enable business growth and development
- Ensure business planning is embedded in all areas of the department's work and development
- Ensure that all working practices are in line with organisational business objectives and protocols.
- Liaise with the Managing Director in the provision of staff salary/ expenses information to enable accurate and timely reporting and recording
- Provide the Managing Director and the Finance Department with data analysis and statistics that assist in financial planning budget setting and target management as well as taking financial responsibility as a departmental budget holder.
- Ensure and enforce strict adherence to any systems in place which safeguard the integrity of management practices within the department.
- Evaluate departmental staff learning and development to enable on-going improvements to be made ensuring staff competency levels are regularly reviewed.
- Be familiar with all policies and their practical implementation with regard to Health and Safety, including accident reporting and fire procedures
- Undertake essential training as required
- Assist Coordinators in undertaking periodic risk assessments of the workplace
This list is no exhaustive of duties and a full job spec can be provided.