A new exciting permanent opportunity with a children's charity in Cambridge.
Your new company
Hays are working with a fantastic, innovative and forward thinking children's charity in Cambridge who dedicates itself to enhancing the lives of children. This wonderful organisation gives children the opportunity to change their life and provides them with safety and support from before they were born until they are into their twenties.
Your new role
You will be a Registered Manager who wants to make a difference and understand the needs of the children, as well as how to manage, support and influence change in relation to the challenges they face.
As a Registered Manager, you will provide professional support, guidance and supervision to a team of multi-disciplinary professionals and support staff. You will ensure continual quality improvement to achieve and maintain an Ofsted rating of Good or Outstanding.
To achieve this you will:
- Ensure key stages in the stay of children and young people such as admission and discharge are properly managed, and reflect decisions recorded in relevant plans.
- Promoting the highest standards of safeguarding practice through leading and managing processes and action around safeguarding.
- Managing budgets and being responsible for achieving the required outcomes and to ensure the efficient and effective expenditure or the services finances.
- Ensure that effective placement plans, risk assessments, risk management and health care plans, and all relevant documentation, are in place for all resident children.
- Provide leadership, guidance and management to staff within the home and create a positive and mutually supportive culture within the staff team.
- Ensure that regular and effective supervision and performance management are in place and that staff are trained and meeting all relevant requirements.
- Ensure that adequate and appropriate security, health and safety and fire safety monitoring and recording systems operate within the Home
- Undertake effective management and administration of the home and overseeing and advising staff within the home in best practice and methods
What you'll need to succeed
- Hold on appointment or complete within 1 year from the date of appointment Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare or a qualification equivalent to the Level 5 Diploma
- Extensive experience relevant to the residential care of children and young people
- Ability to work independently, lead a staff team and managers and work cohesively within the management group
- Ability to be an active manager who is able to recognise the future needs of their home, the staff and the young people
- Demonstrate commitment to the staff in the home and other home managers in their locality, young people, the service and each other in order to achieve high quality outcomes
- Work in such a way which 'models' expectations and behaviour to both staff and young people
- Excellent communication and active listening skills
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload
- Be able to understand how working in a challenging environment affects them and the other managers in their locality
- Self confidence in being able to ask for help and support when needed
- Excellent time management skills
- Values and beliefs that reflect the organisational culture
- Commitment to on-going personal development and to be part of a learning organisation
- Full manual driving licence
What you'll get in return
You will get the chance to experience a rewarding, interesting environment alongside an attractive salary, onsite parking and the opportunity to develop and grow your skills through training and development.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Virginia now on .
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This organisation supports and promotes Equal Opportunities in employment and opposes all forms of unlawful discrimination on grounds of; race, nationally, ethic or national origin, sex, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age