Responsible for Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators, Team Leaders,
Staff team of Care Workers
Salary 28-36kFTE depending on experience
Hours 37 hours per week
Based St Ives, Cambridgeshire, with some travel to our offices in Peterborough and Swaffham
Qualification NVQ Level 5 in Health and Social Care (or equivalent)
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Facilitate delivery of a range of visionary and inclusive support services to family carers within the frameworks, policies and procedures of Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Norfolk, Care Quality Commission and commissioners.
Oversee delivery of current home and community based services.
With the support of the management team, develop the service in response to the needs of family carers, vulnerable people with care needs and commissioners, in order to increase the scope and quality of all aspects of the service.
Work creatively, offer choice & flexibility of support to family carers and their families.
With the Co-ordinators, be responsible for the effective rostering of staff resources to ensure specialist contract requirements are met within organisational guidelines.
Have overall responsibility for a locality area.
With the support of the management team, have responsibility for ensuring that the organisation is compliant with CQC regulations, and for developing our response and delivery in line with the Key Lines of Enquiry.
Provide cover and support for other members of the team.
Work with the Co-ordinators to ensure systems are reflective of real time activity and alerts generated by real time monitoring systems are responded to and any unmonitored visits are verified manually within agreed time frames.
Establish relevant relationships to seek new clients via commissioners (including clients privately commissioning for themselves); those making referrals; locality teams, i.e. to act as a key external contact for micro-commissioners.
As part of the Care team, be proactive in marketing the services of the organisation, particularly in the allocated areas of responsibility.
Contribute to service development to better meet need and manage change.
Follow-up referral requests promptly and consistently.
Manage service delivery and highlight relevant staff training & development needs.
Oversee the quality and management of service delivery documentation.
Conduct appraisals, supervisions and, occasionally, observations for team members.
Registered Manager Tasks
- To be proactive in setting targets for improvement around compliance, conveying these to the team and checking back on implementation
- To be responsible for monitoring progress against targets and flagging areas of potential risk to Senior Managers
- To write reports as required to ensure the senior management team and Board of Trustees are kept up to date with progress and issues relating to CQC compliance
- To have a solution focussed approach to ensuring CQC compliance.
Management of Care and Support
- Pro-actively promote the service internally and externally.
- Respond to a constantly changing service by providing practical, creative solutions to problems and reallocating resources as required.
- Be aware of current thinking and changes to policies, procedures and national guidance. Ensure necessary changes are made; staff are notified and understand the implications of change.
- Monitor the delivery of service in the home and community by: Updating and maintaining accurate written and electronic records within agreed timescales, e.g. accident reports, care plans, staff details and attending reviews and meetings.
- Develop awareness and good working relations with statutory and voluntary agencies locally and make referrals as appropriate.
- Represent the organisation, at local and regional meetings and events and liaise with managers to feedback information and embed new initiatives into practice across the service.
- Communicate effectively with all members of staff and other agencies involved in order to achieve the aims and objectives of the organisation.
- Respond promptly to requests to provide support: Undertake assessment of needs including risk assessments; in discussion with Care Managers, co-ordinate appropriate staffing, arrange delivery of the service and notify commissioners; monitor and re-evaluate the care package as required, offer advice and recommendations, attend management meetings.
- Participate in a rota-based on-call system.
- Respond appropriately to complaints and concerns from staff and service users.
- Alert appropriate agencies of any concerns about vulnerable adults, who may be at risk and follow up / monitor according to guidelines.
- Ensure appropriate use of resources.
- Understand funding and contract requirements of services within the designated area of responsibility, ensuring rosters are created and updated to reflect these.
- Work pro-actively and collaboratively with managers of other services, e.g. Children’s Service, to support effective delivery of all contractual responsibilities.
- Use relevant IT functions to ensure that staff are allocated in the most effective and efficient way and in accordance with specific skills or training requirements.
- Monitor the workload of new and existing Care staff and ensure the required hours are being allocated.
If this role is suited to your skill set then please apply as soon as possible.