A national care provider is seeking a Registered Nurse Manager for a residential learning disability nursing home in a beautiful setting in Saxilby, Lincoln.
This national charity supports people with learning and physical disabilities, mental health conditions, autism and the elderly. They operate in care homes, supported living and respite services and also have two independent hospitals which provide care, treatment and support people with organic brain syndromes and associated challenging care needs.
As Registered Manager you will ensure the effective day-to-day running of a registered care home with nursing, having overall accountability for ensuring the home is run in an efficient and safe manner whilst employees provide the highest standard of care to service users.
- Salary: £38,572
- MUST be a registered nurse, ideally RNLD
- Ideally you will have a NVQ in management or equivalent
- Working hours are 39 per week
Key skills and Competencies:
- Extensive experience of working within the field of Learning Disabilities Experience working in nursing home settings
- Ability to communicate effectively to develop and maintain constructive relationships with professionals from other agencies and share information appropriately
- Understanding of how to develop and deliver a person centred approach and an ability to assess, plan and review an individuals' needs
- To demonstrate creativity and original thinking, whilst developing practical solutions to problems
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and one's own time with a minimum of supervision
- Understanding of relevant legislation, strategies and policies when working with service users and carers and advising colleagues appropriately
- A practical knowledge and understanding of Clinical Risk Management and Infection Control Techniques.
- An awareness and understanding of Clinical Governance and Audit
- An understanding of legislation including the Mental Health Act 1983, the Mental Capacity Act 2005; the Essential Standards for Quality and Safety and Regulations.
If you are interested in this vacancy please send your CV to and I will give you a call. Alternatively you can call me on for more information.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month. If you know anyone who is looking for work at the moment then please get in touch!
- Mental Health
- Learning Disability