Are you an experienced manager that wants to work with a well-established organisation?
Would you like to make a positive difference to the lives of people with a learning disability?
Job Main Purpose
As the registered manager with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) you will be responsible for the care and support delivered to the residents and for maintaining standards set by CQC and Hertfordshire County Council (HCC).
Based in the residential care home, caring for adults with a learning disability, you will manage and lead a team and ensure the smooth running of the home, through planning and use of the available resources. You will develop, and at times deliver, direct support to the residents. This role will involve budget management, quality assurance and liaison with professionals. This means a flexible can do attitude, alongside an eye for detail, emotional resilience and being able to juggle a broad and diverse workload. In return you will find this an extremely rewarding role where you will be making a real difference to peoples’ lives on a daily basis.
This is a full-time job which can involve lone-working in both the home and the community. The working pattern is predominantly Monday to Friday, office hours, but there is also a need for some evening, weekend and on-call work to meet the needs of the service. As a Registered care home manager you will receive support and leadership from the Operations Manager, and you will be able to share knowledge and learning with your colleagues in the Right Support management team.
The care home itself is small but charming, with 7 residents and it is set in beautiful gardens with excellent transport links. The home has a 'good’ CQC rating and a stable workforce.
- £27,000 annual salary
- Pension scheme
- Health cash plan (including Employee Assistance Programme, on-line discounts)
- Excellent Training & Development
- 33 days holiday (Inc BH)
- Enhanced sick pay, maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Award winning organisation - HCA Most Innovative Care Team 2016, Best Care Business 2012 & 2013.
- Investors in People
- Free Parking in the majority of our locations
- Free tea and coffee in offices and residential homes
- Meals provided to roles within registered homes
- CQC rated Good
- Winners of HCPA Care Awards 2016
- As the responsible registered manager with the CQC, manage and develop a Residential Care Home to a high standard and in a personalised way.
- Line manage and develop a team of direct support staff through supervision, appraisal, coaching and advice, ensuring training needs of the team are met, and the reputation and quality of the service is maintained.
- Develop the skills and independence of the people you are supporting.
- Provide a quality service, always working to continuous improvement.
- Manage the resources for the home, including managing the home budget and staff resourcing etc.
- Demonstrate our values of being Inclusive, Respectful, Welcoming, Progressive, and Challenging discrimination.
- Ensure compliance with current legislative and regulatory frameworks.
- Work flexibly, including working some weekends and bank holidays and providing cover as required.
- Adherence to policies and procedures aimed at keeping people safe such as Health & Safety.
- Embrace diversity, actively promoting equal opportunities.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with your stakeholders, including residents and their families.
- Level 4 or equivalent Management or social care qualification
- Evidence of commitment to continuing self-development
- Able to reach registration as a CQC registered home manager
- Experience of managing a service
- Experience of managing a team / supervising or managing staff
- Experience of supporting people with learning disabilities
- Experience of financial management processes
- Excellent knowledge of current standards within CQC and the Care Act.
- Understanding of issues facing social care sector
- Knowledge of risk management and Health and Safety and Safeguarding
- Able to lead, manage and develop a team
- Strong communication skills
- Motivated self-starter, able to motivate and inspire others
- Able to drive change in a positive way
- Able to manage a wide range of issues and services simultaneously and competently
- Problem solver
- Able to demonstrate genuine commitment to the values and goals of Watford Mencap
- Car driver, with ability to travel to various work locations
- Able to participate in a management on-call rota
- Management Experience
- Adult Social Care