We are seeking registered nurses to join our Hamilton team to care for our service usres in hospitals, care homes and nursing homes in Hamilton, Coatbridge, Wishaw, Blantyre and the surrounding local areas of South Lanarkshire.
We are particularly interested to hear from nurses who have experience with the frail and elderly as well as experience of Specialist Dementia units.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.
There has never been a better time to join Newcross in a full or part time nursing position. Join today and be welcomed to the Newcross family with a free PVG check, free uniform, our exclusive platinum ticket invitation rewarding you with a £500 bonus after 250 hours of work, plus supporting you through revalidation.The Nursing Role
Newcross Nurses continually strive to deliver great nursing care, recognising that each and every client is so much more than just a care plan. We proudly stand by our person-centred approach to care, ensuring that the unique needs of everyone we care for is catered to appropriately.
You will promote your patient's independence by being actively involved in their care planning journey by setting realistic goals, helping them understand their condition and administer medication in line with up to date protocols.
This is a permanent job with the flexibility to work short or long day shifts, nights or weekends or a combination of these. You can vary your rota to accommodate family commitments or you can work shifts that fit your off-duty rota, it's your choice.Newcross Perks
- Free criminal record check (PVG) upfront
- Free uniform upon joining
- Salary of up to £25.97/hr including holiday pay
- Revalidation support through a local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- NurChat nurse forum - get support and discuss issues with your peers
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
Newcross healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.Role Requirements
- Current valid NMC registration
- At least 6 months' post-registration experience in a nurse job
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
Your local branch is based on Castle Street in Hamilton town centre, a short walk away from the local train station. Hamilton is home to Chatelherault Country Park - the hunting lodge of the previous Dukes of Hamilton; which is only a short 6 minute drive away from our branch
We deliver the Newcross standard of care to clients across Lanarkshire, including areas such as Cumbernaud and Wilshaw.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application and use code NursePlatinum to claim your platinum package
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.
- part time
- full time
- registered general nurse
- east kilbride
- newton mearns