You will be working 38.5 hours per week on Swift Ward - Older Adults Acute Service.
Cygnet Hospital Taunton provides specialist inpatient services for older adults with mental health problems and for men diagnosed with a learning disability. The hospital also provides an acute inpatient admissions service for men over the age of 18.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others - every day.
- Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments and observations
- Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, and improve quality
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge and promote nursing
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals
- Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines
Why Cygnet? We'll offer you...
- Hourly rate of £18.00 per hour
- Over time available (basic rate + 40% = £25.20 p/h)
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Relocation package
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Plus many more
You will have...
- Experience as a Registered General Nurse with a current Pin Number
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
- Experience in a mental health / learning disabilities
- The ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
- An interest in leadership, research and assessment
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
Cygnet Hospital Taunton provides 54 bedrooms across three distinct service lines which offer; acute care for men, acute care for older adults and learning disability services for men.
The Hospital is situated in a rural setting amongst Taunton farmland, within acres of peaceful fields. This quiet and tranquil environment offers great benefit to our service users who are able to walk in the expansive hospital grounds and take in the countryside scenery.
Swift Ward is a 15-bedded service that provides specialist support and expertise for older men and women experiencing an acute episode of mental illness with co-occurring physical health conditions or frailty. We are able to support those with a functional or organic mental health diagnosis, however we cannot accept individuals whose primary diagnosis is advanced dementia.
The aim of the ward is to provide a maximum treatment plan of three months and support an individual to return to their baseline level of functioning. We work with the individual, their care partners and other agencies to support discharge home or to alternative services, for example, residential or supported living. Although most of the individuals we support are over the age of 65, there is no lower age limit for our service.
If you care about making a difference - we want to talk to you!
Click the link to apply, or please email your CV to
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'