Registered General Nurse (RGN)
HMP Rye Hill
£ 27,405 per annum - 2 years or less post qualification experience
£ 32,480 per annum - 2 years or plus post qualification experience
Full Time - 40 hours per week
To provide care for the physical and mental health needs of offenders in line with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- Provide health and social care to offenders to ensure a professional service is delivered in line with professional, contractual and company standards, including security instructions.
- Undertake assessments of offenders to identify physical and mental health needs and determine the appropriate level of intervention, care and management.
- To work predominantly within own area of specialism but to operate as part of a team delivering generic primary care services.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to ensure the delivery of an effective and appropriate health service.
- Provide professional advice and support to allied health professionals and non-clinical staff to ensure the effective health and social care of offenders in line with current best practice.
- Coach, support and supervise healthcare staff, as required, to develop their skills in line with professional standards and current best practice as appropriate.
- Promote an understanding of, and develop health and social care services within the prison environment to maximise personal well-being and promote independence.
- Promotion of a positive health, safety and infection control culture to maintain a safe environment for all stakeholders.
- Administer medications in accordance with professional standards and G4S policies and procedures.
- Complete all relevant documentation to deadline in accordance with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimise risk.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework.
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Engage where appropriate in the selection, training and development of healthcare professionals and other related staff, in conjunction with appropriate others.
- Operate in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct and G4S policies and procedures, adhering to legislation and best practice, undertaking further training as identified in conjunction with Line Manager.
- Any additional duties as negotiated with your Line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Part 1 NMC registration
- Experience of working within a team
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Degree level qualification or above
- Experience of involvement in innovation or change
- Hold a Nurse Prescriber qualification
- Hold a Nurse Practitioner qualification
- Evidence of working within a 'value for money’ service
- Driving Licence.
The benefits and rewards of working for such a large organisation are:
• Company pension scheme with employer contributions
• G4S Life Assurance Scheme
• G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
• G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
• O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
• Child Care vouchers
• Eye Care Vouchers - Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
• Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
• Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
• Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job