Job Title: Registered General Nurse - Deputy Manager
Location: Newbury, Winchcombe Place
Reference Number: SYS-7876
Salary: £45,000 - £52,000
Closing Date: 3.4.2018
Are you an organised, methodical nurse who is passionate about delivering positive change? At Care UK you can build a fast-moving nursing career whilst help our residents fulfil their lives. The team at Winchcombe Place Care Home have a great opportunity for a passionate and hands on nurse to join the home as clinical deputy manager.
Winchcombe Place has a welcoming atmosphere and home from home feel where the team truly enjoy helping our residents fulfil their lives whilst also being experts in providing person centred care.
The ideal manager will be a personable and hands on nurse who is passionate about delivering best practice and be someone who is looking to join a hardworking and friendly team. At Winchcombe Place you can expect the best quality care combined with a warm welcome from the team.
What you’ll do
- Supporting and deputizing for the Home Manager, you will provide inspiring leadership to nursing and care colleagues and oversee the delivery of high quality clinical and pastoral care.
- You will be the homes nurse expert and your role will be a combination of utilising your nursing skills as well as your managerial and leadership skills
- You will focus on residents with complex needs, so it’s vital that you can conform with the latest guidelines, take far-reaching decisions and maintain the highest levels of clinical governance, whilst regularly auditing practices and procedures
- Care plan development and assessments
- Walk rounds
- Look after all our residents alongside the team and offer personalised centred care.
Where you’ll work
Winchcombe Place is located in the heart of Newbury in Berkshire. We aim to be innovative in everything we do and are always looking for new ideas to bring into the home.
Our home provides residential, respite and nursing care for older people, including individuals with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia
Our friendly, dedicated team makes sure that each resident feels settled and that their loved ones feel welcome at all times. We support everyone to carry on doing the things that are important to them, so that they can stay as active and independent as possible.
We offer residents lots of choices and always involve them in decisions about their care. And all of our activities are based around residents’ own interests and abilities.
Who you are
- An NMC Registered Nurse (RGN,), you will be well versed in care planning processes and fully familiar with clinical assessment tools.
- You will be keen to develop your leadership skills and clinical knowledge, capable of building close relationships with residents and their families, and determined to drive continuous improvement.
Who we are
- Care UK are a multi award winning company who have recently been voted the UKs Best Residential Care Provider of the year, people are our passion and are at the heart of what we do. We are an honest and caring company who look for passionate individuals who care as deeply as we do.
- Due to our highly personal and patient-centred approach we have seen rapid growth. We are one of the UKs leading independent healthcare providers who have a progressive new build project where we will see over 15 new build homes open across the country to add to our current portfolio of over 120 homes across the UK in offering expert residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people
What we offer
- You can expect competitive pay, access to a company paid web based system for your PIN re validation, bank holiday enhancements, paid DBS check, child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme, thousands of online and in-store discounts and free uniform
- Further training and qualifications
- Development and progression
- Support, guidance and a caring working environment