Registered Extra Care Manager
Middleton House, Cheltenham
£30,837 per annum – subject to April pay review
37.5 hours per week
Why work for us?
Extra care services provide comfort, independence and peace of mind. Residents live independently, safe in the knowledge that support is available in their home should they need it. Spacious apartments with on-site communal facilities create an environment where residents can enjoy healthy, active, and independent lifestyles in their later years. People with long-term disabilities under the ages of 55 may also be eligible for extra care.
We are seeking a Registered Extra Care Manager to join our management team at Middleton House which is located in a pleasant part of Cheltenham, a short drive from Gloucester, where residents are able to make the most of one or two-bedroom apartments designed to support independent living.
Click here to find out more about Middleton House
The role of Registered Extra Care Manager will include:
- Managing the day to day delivery of home care services within an extra care setting
- Effectively line managing members of staff, enabling them to providing an outstanding service to clients
- Recruiting, developing and training staff
- Working together with other Extra Care services
- Ensuring that quality standards are maintained and can be demonstrated throughout the scheme
- Promoting the well-being of service users
- Ensuring effective Safety Plans, Risk Management Plans and Support Plans are in place
Skills and experiences:
- CQC knowledge, and experience of managing CQC services is essential
- Previous management experience gained within an extra care environment or being a registered manager
- Previous experience of working with elderly people
- Proficient computer literacy skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office (or similar)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday (plus public holidays)
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and wellbeing plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile for this position, please click here
Closing date: 14 March 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Home Care Limited, an exempt charity, is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.