121 Social Care are looking for a Specialised Childrens Home Registered Manager in the Wisbech Area for a New Childrens Home accommodating young people aged 7-13 years.
Registered Manager for Therapeutic Children’s Home based in Wisbech.
Salary: £40,000-£44,000 dependent on experience.
We are currently opening our second Children’s Home, which is one of the first attachment and trauma based therapeutic homes in the country. This home will have facilities for 4 children, from 7 years of age.
The Home’s overall aim is to support children and their families to reunite. We believe that all children, where safe to do so, should be living with their families.
This is a new role, which enables the right candidate the chance to join the team during this exciting implementation phase and help put their stamp on creating a positive and supportive residential environment for children.
- To become registered with Ofsted and be responsible for the compliance of the home
- To be responsible for the management, co-ordination and development of a range of quality services for children referred and/or accommodated within the home.
- To promote the practice of working in partnership with young people, their families, other staff within the organisation, and other agencies, in order to meet the needs of children.
- To provide effective leadership by implementing organisational strategies, in order to enable the objectives of the Company to be achieved.
- To have line management responsibilities for a staff team, ensuring that all staff receive appropriate induction, supervision and appraisal and promote team development and effective team working.
- To set and review targets and objectives for the Home’s staff team in order to ensure that work is focused and has clear direction.
- To provide operational management of the staff team and to deploy appropriate staff resources in order that key tasks are fulfilled. To ensure that sufficient back up resources are available in emergency/out of hours situations including participation in an out of hours 'On-Call’ rota.
- To actively participate in recruitment, grievance, disciplinary, health and safety and other staffing matters with support from the Director.
- To ensure that staff training and development needs are identified and ensuring that those needs are met. To assist in training staff as required.
- To ensure that all Health and Safety Regulations are complied with in accordance with the Company’s policies, procedures and practices.
- To ensure that effective finance budgets, control, administration and records comply with the Company’s expectations and procedures.
- Management qualification equivalent to a QCF Level 5 in residential children’s home management, or a degree in Social Work or equivalent
- Substantial experience of working with children within the past 5 years.
- Experience of working at a senior level in a residential setting.
- Excellent up-to-date knowledge of Childcare legislation, Ofsted regulations and Quality Standards and Children's Homes Regulations
- A positive and enthusiastic individual, who is a natural motivator, with a can-do attitude.
- Management Experience
- Residential Homes
- Young People
- Youth Work
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job