BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Ross Hall Hospital in Glasgow has a vacancy for a Registered Children's Nurse to join their team of staff in the Inpatients department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support
- Registered Child Nurse with NMC registration
- The role purpose is to assist the core nursing team in the assessment of care needs and development and implementation of programmes of care for paediatric patients within an in patient setting.
- Up to date knowledge in acute paediatric medicine / surgery
- Awareness about Safeguarding Children processes
- Aware of NMC code of Accountability
- Experience within an acute Children’s area or willing to undergo period of preceptorship
- Basic Paediatric Life Support
- Good team worker.
- Both punctual and reliable.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively.
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations
Duties of this role include:
- To work with the Paediatric Team to deliver professional nursing care to children within the recovery room setting prior to transfer back to the Paediatric nursing staff in the ward.
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures as a skilled member of the nursing team.
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
- Flexible work pattern to meet business requirements and needs of surgical rota.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.