Regional Skip Manager - Newcastle Upon Tyne
Biffa plc is the leading nationwide integrated waste management business providing collection, treatment, recycling and technologically-driven energy generation services. Through the expertise of our people and investment in technology we promote and deliver sustainable waste management solutions.
• Provide leadership, give work instructions and monitor the performance of dispatchers, drivers and operatives, i.e. Review of Depot KPI`s- Service, Safety and Profitability.
• Agrees, monitors and manages the full depot P&L budget, delegating accountability where appropriate, supporting financial year on year growth of the depot.
• Effectively manage the fleet of vehicle, including liaison with fleet, safe vehicle operations, wheel security, and monitor vehicle gross weights.
• Ensure service delivery meets defined key performance indicators whilst driving best practice and continuous improvement in cost control and productivity.
• Support the management of on-going cost control, actively seeking to improve efficiency to reduce operating costs and increasing profitability to support the meeting of and exceeding of budget.
• Complete all administrative tasks associated with role, including work sheets, tachograph records.
• Develop and maintain a good working relationship with internal and external customers.
• Work within cross-divisional teams to provide integrated waste solutions using best practice and through continuous improvement.
• Support the growth of the Depots customer base.
• Manage service levels and ensuring that corrective action is taken as appropriate.
• Ensure legislator compliance at all times by all staff
• Drives a lean culture throughout
• Manages the operations for current and future demands
• Monitors and manages the skip budget, ensure optimum performance and financial growth
• Develops the operation and teams to meet financial and efficiency targets through a continuous improvement approach
• Deliver improving financial performance for the operation, ensuring the site meets budget commitments
• Sets and agrees clear objectives with all operational staff, regularly monitoring their performance and taking corrective action where appropriate
• Ensure core performance metrics are met and where possible exceeded
People Management and Team Work
• Analyses training needs for all staff ensuring that training complies with Company policy and is monitored for effectiveness
• Coaches staff where appropriate
• Optimises resources and continuously reviews the operations to improve profitability and customer service, managing change where necessary
• Leads and motivates staff through positive employee engagement through open communication
• Defines the strategy to develop the site as a whole by identifying and sharing best practice with peers
• Work closely with the company`s Continuous Improvement team to introduce new working practices and to develop a continuous improvement culture
• Ensures that all relevant legislative requirements are adhered to and that Company procedures and standards (including Health and Safety, personnel, finance and Transport) are maintained. Where necessary making regular checks in all parts of the operation including the branch site, vehicles and customer premises and ensuring that all operational equipment is maintained
• Deals with disciplinary matters, including dismissals, and appeals and grievances in line with Company policy
• Informs staff of changes in terms and conditions
• Ensures appropriate consultation with TU/Staff Representatives
• Minimum GCSE or equivalent in Maths & English
• CPC• Extensive experience as Waste Skip Managem
- Skip Hire