REGIONAL SERVICE ELECTRICIAN SOUTHAMPTON
Our client is the leading global business services provider focused on modular space and secure portable storage solutions and operates a network of 45 branches and depots locations where accommodation and storage units are prepared for rental or sale are refurbished as required. They are looking for a Regional Service Electricianat their Southampton Site to join their expanding team.
Our client operates a network of around 45 branches and depots locations where accommodation and storage units are prepared for rental or sale and are refurbished as required.
PURPOSE To support the Support Services Division within the client’s team. Delivering Customer Service Excellence through a centralised administration function and a team remote Field Service Engineers. Working as part of the field team to provide a dedicated service of asset repair and maintenance together with installation and dismantle of site cabins. Overall responsibility for ensuring that a high proportion of Regional self powered hire equipment is available for hire and is certified safe to use at all times
Main responsibilities Key Duties:
• Carrying out comprehensive safety/maintenance checks of all self powered hire equipment before dispatch/when returned and completing and including all necessary documentation including test certificates and safety instructions
• Ability to run diagnostic checks and undertake fault finding
• Visiting customer sites, when required, to repair faulty self powered hire equipment and/or carrying out safety/operational demonstrations
• Installation and dismantle of hire units and associated equipment
• Quick and accurate diagnosis of fault / breakdown
• Asking relevant questions to determine the precise fault / issue to complete the job first time.
• Liaising with customers / manager / peers / contractors to ensure site work is completed timely and efficiently
• Effective repair of hire units and its equipment which may require multi-trade skills capability – including engine repair
• Completing PDA / paperwork thoroughly and accurately • Comply with and embrace the our client’s Health & Safety culture and policies
• Understand and comply with all relevant Company rules, agreements, policies, procedures and with all relevant legislative requirements and codes of practice.
• Act in a professional manner, ensure good working relationships are maintained and promote a good image of the Company at all times.
• Be aware that the Company operates a Quality Assurance system BS EN ISO 9001 and adhere to the respective procedures.
• To work in a safe and sensible manner within the boundaries of the Company Health and Safety Policy and any additional site restrictions.
Key factors for success
• To establish them self within the team and be aware of our client’s policies and standard operating procedures relevant to task, ensuring all required documentation is completed i.e. inspection/testing certificates etc.
• Good working knowledge of the client’s product range Success in 1 year will include:
• Actively participate as part of a localised quality team in the implementation of LEAN principles within the workplace
• Successfully implemented a robust service/repair programme for the depot self powered hire fleet
• Play a part in developing the section to achieve the most cost effective solution to operational issues
• Assist the team to achieve overall operational excellence and be the market leader in our field
Job experience & skills requirements
• High level of drive, energy and initiative; entrepreneurial, proactive, focused, tenacious and committed, with high standards and achievement orientation
• Desire to lead, influence and coach others
• Good team player, strong work ethic,self starter
• Good ability to plan and anticipate • Good communication and relationship building skills
• Ability to work in an operational/functional matrix organisation
• must be methodical and organized, and work to high quality standards both as part of a team, and when working individually Work Experience
• Technically trained on generator/diesel or gas engines
• Technical understanding of self powered hire equipment
• Good health and safety awareness, preferably with some kind of H&S qualification along with a CSCS card. Manual handling and working at height training is also preferable though training can be given
• basic/intermediate general construction/maintenance skills
• Appreciate LEAN practices within the workplace and embrace change
• Served a recognised electrical apprenticeship complete with the AM2 certificate and completed the 2382-12 requirements for electrical installations Additional Information:
• Full driving license as travelling long distances is required.
• May need to stay overnight occasionally and participate in out of hours rota
• Flexibility in working hours is required as may need to start earlier and finish later than normal on occasions.
• Has proven experience and ability to work effectively with internal and/or external customers.
• Served a recognised electrical apprenticeship complete with the AM2 certificate and completed the 2382-12 requirements for electrical
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"