BCA operates the largest used-vehicle marketplace in the UK and Europe operating in 10 countries, 60 different locations, selling 1.3 million vehicles per annum. BCA touches over 3.5m vehicles a year as it provides services along the vehicle life cycle from port to dealerships for new vehicles to refurbishment and logistics for used vehicles and the core re-marketing and auction operations.
We are looking to recruit a Regional security to cover the North of England from Manchester up to and Scotland.
Reporting into and taking direction from the Group Security Manager, and in their absence reporting into and taking direction from the Deputy Group Security Manager. Upon direction to be responsible for all aspects of the company’s security requirements, including any subsidiaries. To assist in the implementation of security policy and appropriate security measures throughout the UK businesses. To investigate and resolve security related incidents and to represent the company in security related matters with the Police, the courts and other third parties.
- Assist in providing recommendations concerning the implementation of security measures/policy as necessary
- Provide direct support and direction to branches and other operational Managers as required to ensure security best practice exists at all company locations
- To report on and review security measures at all locations, including manned guarding, perimeter security, cash handling and general theft prevention measures to ensure adequacy and take correct action where required
- To assist with investigations and carry out as directed, investigations, where a breach of security has occurred or is believed to have occurred, and to take such action as is required to protect the company’s best interests, minimise loss and prevent recurrence
- To assist the Group Security Manager, along with Branch and Operational Management, with the physical security measures at all sites, including CCTV, alarms, barriers etc.
- To assist in ensuring that manned guarding is of the appropriate quality and quantity to meet the security needs of the business and to report any failings in this regard to the Group Security Manager
- To assist with or carry out ad-hoc security related projects, investigations, reports, as may be required from time to time at the direction of the Group Security Manager
- To represent the Company on security related matters with third parties, including making statements to Police, appearing as a witness in court etc.
- To carry out such other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time, at the direction of the Group Security Manager
- Previous formal investigation training or relevant experience with the Police or other law enforcement agency preferred
- Experience in commercial security role of multi-site retail or wholesale environments involving security of physical assets
This position comes with a Company Car, Lap Top and Mobile Phone and a Salary of £34,000 per annum
- Physical Security
- Security Policy