Our client are looking for a Regional Project Manager to cover the Scotland region. You will be responsible for administering a portfolio of hazard, enquiry and subsidence projects for your region.
The ideal candidate will hold a Degree or equivalent together with corporate membership of professional body (Surveying, Civil, Mining Engineering or appropriate discipline)
You will have some previous technical experience with a mining, surveying or civil engineering background coupled with experience of managing contractors.
Reponsibilities of the role:
- To ensure that your portfolio of projects is adequately progressed and resourced, and that your stakeholders are effectively managed.
- To implement project plans and priorities.
- To ensure adequate investigations are carried out to determine the company's liability.
- To ensure that all projects and fieldworks are economically, efficiently and effectively managed and all statutory obligations are discharged;
- To act from time to time as Designer for the purposes of the CDM 2007 or subsequent regulations.
- To supervise contractors and consultants undertaking research, investigations and remediation.
- To undertake field related tasks as required which may include the inspections of tips, properties, liability sites, undertaking monitoring and sampling.
- To compile evidence and submissions in respect of any claims that may be referred to arbitration/lands tribunal.
- To act as a public interface, representing the Authority and dealing with live enquiries from members of the public, and other relevant parties
- To be part of response team to deal with calls to the Authority's emergency hazard line
Skills and Abilities
Ability to undertake travelling to hazard/subsidence cases
Good organisational skills
Experience of Microsoft office
Ability to prioritise tasks and use initiative
Working knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental issues
Experience of Contractor Management
Knowledge of Subsidence Legislation
Experience of interpreting mining related information.
Knowledge of the technical management of mining legacy risks and hazards
Flexibility in working hours
Our client is offering an excellent package including pension, flexible working hours and generous holiday allowance. To apply please send your CV to
- Project Management