Direct sales - Divisional Sales Manager
With a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar, field based role, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and driven by sales targets. You will have strong communication skills, and a “sell” approach to leadership. You will ideally have a background in B2C sales.
This is a critical sales management position that will focus on driving the performance of a team of between 8-12 experienced direct sales people within a defined region through direct line management. The role is both strategic and hands-on.
The main purpose of the role is to lead, motivate, train and inspire all individuals within the team to enable the achievement of sales targets and objectives, whilst ensuring that all company procedures and rules regarding sales are adhered to constantly and consistently throughout the region and in accordance with quality requirements, compliance standards, contractual obligations and other relevant regulatory bodies.
In order to excel in this position, the role holder will be required to organise and priortise their workload to ensure all aspects of their role are completed with the highest level of competence.
Team & Business Management
- Liaise with all relevant internal departments to ensure that working practices are joined up and efficient, and there are strong lines of communication between them.
- Organise and lead monthly team meetings, maximizing the time spent as a team by developing team building activities and meaningful training
- Effectively resource area during times of increased or decreased workload, and during times of leave
- Ensure that the necessary reporting requirements and sales administration takes place to enable the office to process business in line with company deadlines.
- Implement the strategies and activities identified by the Sales Director that lead to an enhanced focus on customer service, by reducing the level of recorded complaints and breaches and take personal ownership in addressing and resolving individual complaints generated from within the Sales team by taking swift and robust action where trends of complaints or breaches are identified.
- Understand the financial contribution and liability of the department and ensuring all efficiency measures are made to ensure business sustainability
People Management & Leadership
- Identify resourcing requirements in line with business expectations and parameters
- Liaise with the Divisional Sales Director and HR to advertise, recruit and onboard new joiners
- Create a supportive and positive environment for all team members
- Undertake effective performance management and regular documented one to one meetings to develop team members
- Conduct field training and observations on a regular basis to ensure all Field Sales Representatives meet required sales and compliance performance and are competent to carry out their role.
- Coach, encourage and motivate team members
- Delegate appropriately and identify training opportunities to fill skills gaps
- Engage team members to contribute to the success of the department by contextualising the objectives of the wider business and how their role impacts/contributes to this
- Proactively identify and overcome challenges in employee relations, performance and team morale
- Regularly seek out opportunities to develop own knowledge and skills to benefit the business
- Plan and organise own time effectively
- Understand and develop adaptive communication styles, including oral written and listening skills
- Confidently and promptly make decisions to support business and personal objectives
Key Skills and Experience
This is a fast-paced business which requires a considerate candidate who is professional and flexible.
You will need to have a clean, valid UK driving license and your own car.