Territory: Northern UK Region (North West/ North East England & Scotland)
Sector: Packaging Solutions (Distributor Sales)
Package: Basic annual salary circa £35,000 (negotiable on experience) Plus Bonus (OTE circa £45,000)
Company Car, Smart phone, Laptop & Excellent Company Benefits
Are you an experienced and successful new business sales professional with a strong background of selling via a distributor network/channel? Or perhaps you’re an experienced packaging sales professional seeking something a little different? Keen to join a genuine market leading company? If the answer is yes then please read on…
Macfarlane Group is the UK’s largest packaging distributor. Harrisons Packaging in Lancashire was acquired in 2018 and this has presented an exciting opportunity to grow a key product offering that we’re sure is going to be the next big thing! Having already gained significant traction across a few key market sectors, we are now seeking to appoint the best available individual to assume responsibility for heading up and driving sales growth in the Northern UK Region, both pulling sales through internal sales teams across the region as well as direct selling.
Reporting to the Category Business Manager for Temperature Controlled Packaging, this newly created role is responsible for growing sales of Temperature Controlled Packaging across the Northern UK Region. This shall be undertaken primarily by gaining introductions and referrals to Macfarlane’s extensive existing customer base. This will be achieved via close networking with senior management at distribution site level and working with their teams of sales executives to secure new sales. You shall be targeted to gain entry to customers via referral/introductory appointments and once in, seek to assess needs and tailor an effective solution. Sales cycles can typically be anywhere from 3-6 months so there is a genuine need to build a healthy pipeline, both via this approach (acting as ‘product champion’) within the Group, but also seeking to build a separate pipeline of new sales opportunities via direct sales in terms of identifying and targeting own prospects.
- Act as the lead point of contact within the region for any new sales enquiries
- Develop an expert understanding of the product/solution, current product line variations and its potential application to multiple business scenarios
- Create demand for the solution, generating territory growth in line with defined commercial targets
- Acting as product ‘champion’ across the Group, to actively network & liaise closely with all relevant distribution sites in order to increase awareness, build understanding and secure ‘buy in’ from key colleagues, this to ultimately help facilitate customer referrals and key customer introductions
- Provide support to colleagues, management & sales teams as required incorporating training, sales visits, product design, demonstrations and application support with customers
- Consultative sales approach, analysing & problem solving in order to present appropriate solutions
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders and decision-makers
- Working closely with the Temperature Controlled Packaging team, provide support when required in relation to specific customer needs for new product design and innovation
Do you have the correct profile?
In order to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate a strong track-record of new business sales generation to end users. We would also prefer someone to have been accustomed to selling a technical product/application based solution, whilst some understanding of packaging would be advantageous this is not imperative. You will naturally have first rate presentation, customer facing and influencing skills accompanied by strong commercial acumen and problem solving/analytical capabilities. A full valid UK driving licence is required in line with this being a field based sales role and ideally, applicants will live in the North of England.
In return we offer a competitive basic salary along with an incentive scheme that will realistically provider earning potential of £45,000 annually. You will receive the usual tools to do the job and a fully expensed company car as part of the package. We additionally offer a flexible benefits system incorporating the following: 31 increasing to 33 days annual leave after five years (*including bank holidays), holiday purchasing scheme, contributory pension, childcare vouchers & employee discount scheme.
How to apply/next steps
This is an urgent appointment whereby we are seeking the successful applicant to commence ASAP. Shortlisted candidates can therefore expect to be invited to initial first interview to be held in the North of England within the coming weeks. To make an application please simply click ‘apply’ ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant. Please note that all shortlisted candidates can expect to hear back from us within five working days of making their application. If you do not hear back within that timeframe, please assume that your application has not been successful on this particular occasion.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE
- Business Development
- Field Sales
- New Business
- B2B Sales
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'