Our client is the UK's leading manufacturer of standard and bespoke furnaces & ovens for the laboratory and process markets. Their products enjoy a global reputation for quality & performance with more than 65% of sales derived from Export markets. Design and manufacturing take place over our two sites, one in the UK and the second in Germany.
A vacancy exists for an:-
Regional Sales Manager (South West) UK
They are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic individual who is interested in working for a market leader selling into the engineering and process industry. The customer base is biased toward blue chip and research companies especially nuclear and aerospace. Initially the role will focus on the standard product range, over time the role will develop into the bespoke range as experience develops. Products range in value from £1,000 to £1,000,000.
The role is home based and will require the applicant to be located within the region they cover. This will likely be everything West of Reading up to and including Birmingham. The applicant must be prepared to travel for the job, including overnight trips, for meetings to both manufacturing sites.
- Reporting to UK Sales Manager.
- CRM reporting.
- Following up quotes and leads from the office.
- Arrange meetings with customers to review technical specifications, customer requirements and liaise with the purchasing chain.
- General key account management including handling complaints.
- On average you will be out on the road 3.5-4 days per week with 1 home day.
- Strong interaction with engineering and service team.
- Exhibiting at trade shows mainly UK, this will require overnight travel.
Key skills and qualifications:
- Driving is a core part of the role, typically 500+miles a week.
- The successful applicant will need to have good communication skills as the duties will include liaising with internal and external customers, have the ability to work on their own initiative with minimum supervision, prioritise work load and the skills to be a good team player.
- Highly motivated with a team orientated work style.
- Strong practical engineering background either electrical or mechanical is required, as is a general interest in engineering and processes.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a customer facing role. (not necessarily in sales).
- Experience of using CRM would be beneficial, but full training can be given.
- Knowledge in laboratory products, industrial or both would be a distinct advantage.
- Must be computer literate. (Word/Excel/Microsoft Project).
- Hold a full clean driving lisense.
- Hold a valid passport for occasional international travel.
- Minimum of a BTEC HNC or equivalent in a practical discipline.
- Basic salary £35-£40k based on experience.
- Excellent Commission Scheme (typical performance for the area circa £10K per annum).
- Company Car.
- Salary Sacrifice Pension Plan.
- Death in Service Policy.
- Laptop and Mobile Phone.
- Account Management
- Business Development
- Technical Sales
- Work Autonomously