Are you an experienced Sales professional looking for your next rewarding challenge? Are you up for driving success through your management, coaching and development of your team?
The Consortium is the market-leading supplier of Education Resources and is part of the RM Group of Businesses, which creates and maintains an extensive range of innovative solutions and services - all designed or selected to meet the specific needs of educational users. At The Consortium we are focussed on delivering physical and curriculum resources for schools and nurseries.
We are looking to recruit a Regional Sales Manager to manage a team of up to 9 Account Managers in London and the surrounding counties. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management and development of your team, supporting them to maximise every opportunity and succeed in delivering both your and their objectives. Previous team management experience of running a field based team is essential. This is a great opportunity to be joining the largest supplier of educational resources in the UK as we embark on an exciting new era.
Reporting to the Head of Sales, as Regional Sales Manager you will assist with the delivery and achievement of the strategic sales targets and profit maximisation. A key element of the role is managing the day to day operation of a team of Account Managers and to develop and maintain professional relationships with customers.
- Managing the geographic sales team ensuring full communication of all sales objectives and aims are fully understood
- To review and summarise weekly sales activity within the team and prepare a weekly market overview for the Head of Sales
- To attend monthly sales management meetings with the senior sales team to develop the sales approach for the organisation
- Managing a core group of customers/territory, attending site meetings to develop growth of the business account
Skills & experience
- We are looking for someone with strong commercial awareness who is target orientated.
- A self-starter with the drive to succeed and the ability to be creative when seeking to identify and target new business opportunities.
- Ideally you should live on the patch.