Regional Sales Executive - Manchester
We are looking to recruit an experienced and highly motivated Regional Sales Executive to join our successful sales team. When you are not onsite with your clients, this role will be based at our Manchester Service Centre.
The Executive will be responsible for sales growth for the service centre but also lend sales support to additional service centres within the Region.
The purpose of this role is to work individually, and as part of the sales team, in sourcing and developing a quality pipeline of prospects that have a requirement for courier services (same day, UK Overnight and International), resulting in winning new business as per the assigned sales target. Additionally, you will work with the Regional Sales Manager to generate appointments for larger prospects. This is achieved through outbound calls, marketing campaigns, email correspondence as well as face-to-face canvassing.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Researching and generating new business opportunities and the generation of sufficient leads by utilising the internet (i.e. LinkedIn), business directories, existing database and additional channels where applicable.
- Converting and closing business via telephone for small to medium sized clients.
- Arranging appointments for larger opportunities and visiting clients to present our business.
- To identify potential upselling opportunities.
- Dealing with new client enquiries and driving sales forward, and responding to and following up sales enquiries.
- Preparing proposals and quotations for new clients and executing the initial stages of opening new accounts.
- To provide accurate sales activity reports and relevant pipeline information when required.
- To fully utilise CitySprint’s CRM system for all sales activity.
- To work with Marketing in developing specific service/industry led marketing campaigns.
- To work internally to ensure sales opportunities are aligned to the most suitable departments or individuals.
- Ensure that all new clients are fully aware of the online suite of services.
- To be fully conversant with the CitySprint’s portfolio of available services.
- To communicate with Operations in the event that any new business requires specific operational attention.
The key skills needed for the role include:
- Previous sales experience, preferably selling a service (or repeat business).
- Previous experience of face-to-face canvassing.
- Previous industry experience is desirable, but not essential.
- Previous experience of business to business selling.
- Resilience, perseverance and commercial awareness.
- Ability to self-manage, acting on your own initiative without supervision.
- Well presented, articulate with good time management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Be highly organised and capable of working under pressure.
In order to be able to undertake this role successfully you will need a valid driving license and your own car. You will also be eligible for a car allowance for this position.
If you feel that you are able to fulfil the criteria for the above role, please send your CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements by Friday 23rd March 2018.
We do not require the assistance of agencies for this position - thank you in advance.
- Account Management
- Business Development
- Regional Sales
- New Business Opportunities
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job