Bodycote operate an international network of facilities serving a wide range of industries including, aerospace, defence, automotive, power generation, oil and gas, construction, machine building medical and transportation. Bodycote is the world’s largest and most respected provider of thermal processing services and a vital link in the manufacturing supply chain.
Bodycote has over 5,700 people globally, in 26 countries spread over 190 locations. We recognise that the success of our business depends upon the skills, commitment and loyalty of our people. We strive to offer a working environment where these attributes are rewarded and valued.
We are looking to recruit a Regional Sales Development Manager responsible for the selling of all Bodycote Heat Treatments services in their area - primarily for the "local" Bodycote Heat Treatment plant(s) but also promoting other UK facilities including Bodycote's world-wide services. Cross selling for other Bodycote entities, including AGI, HIP and Surface Treatments.
- To achieve agreed Sales and Profitability targets in the identified areas of responsibility
- To implement the key account strategy developed with the Sales Manager for his /her key account list in the UK
- To target and develop an agreed number of new customers and new sales on an annual basis in accordance with an agreed annual business plan.
- To develop a sales activity plan and execute the agreed plan to develop new sales
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Identification of new business ensuring Sales database is checked i.e. Navision ERP / CRM
- Contribute to the regular sales/ production meetings at plant level
- Attendance and input into the site annual management review
- Maintain good communication with customers, prospects and colleagues within the sales team and other facility colleagues (production / engineering) - by written reports, correspondence and telephone, with emphasis on ensuring that all customer satisfaction data is collected.
- Sales presentation - including some preparation of material
- Preparation of specific quotations/proposals and support of site for enquiries and quotations including use of "PAQP" and follow up. Review and authorisation of high value quotations in accordance with Para 10.1 — 10.4 of the marketing seminars and other sales promotion activities etc.
- Project Management of new samples, trials ect for the customer ensuring efficient and correct treatment, inspection and return for the customers evaluation, involving the Engineering Team and Technical Manager as and when necessary.
- Negotiation of Long Term Agreements (LTA's) in conjunction with the UK Sales Manager.
- Monitor competitor's activity and report
- Prepare quotations for customers, in conjunction with customer service
- Efficient planning of sales office based duties and sales visits/travel
- Production of monthly sales analysis, sales reports and sales budget related information.
- Contribute to the establishment and implementation of a sales effectiveness assessment program.
- Care of the company equipment. (comply with Company car policy)
- Notify and involve the Engineering and Technical team whenever there is a need for technical development associated with new jobs, projects or customers.
- Inform the Quality Manager, Engineering team, Site management and Technical team of customer complaints which may result in a non-conformance due to processing errors and forward details to Site Manager.
- Liaise with other UK Strategic Business Unit Sales Managers and Account Managers on cross-selling and business development opportunities.
- To deputise for and assist the Sales Manager in all aspects of the required activities to protect, sustain and develop the company's business when requested as appropriate.
- To represent a professional image to all external organisations when representing the company.
- To support and help develop staff in the other departments when appropriate
- Complying with Bodycote and customer Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures.
- In addition, any other duties which may reasonably be expected to fall within the scope of this position from time to time.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Metallurgy or Materials Science knowledge and a sales related background.
- Good communication and personable skills are essential in this high profile role within our prospective and existing customer base.
- The ideal candidate will have good technical knowledge, experience in a customer orientated business environment and an acumen for sales.
- Three to five years of previous sales experience with a proven and successful track record.
- Experience in the Automotive, Construction and General Industries related market sectors would be an advantage.
If you can demonstrate you have the above requirements then why not apply for this great opportunity and develop your careerat Bodycote. All internal applicants should inform their current line manager of their application. The closing date for applications is 15/05/2018.
Please Note - If you have not heard from us within two weeks your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we will keep your CV on file and should anything come up that matches your experience we will contact you. Good luck in your job search.