60 branches, a customer base of 100,000 retailers and a product range of over 25,000 items – Bestway is the largest independent food wholesaler in the UK. We’ve achieved our success by offering the best prices, service and choice to help retailers build their businesses and we’re looking for the best Regional Sales Development Manager to continue building ours.
Bestpets is the UK’s number one wholesaler operating from 19 depots nationwide, our Bestpets team are dedicated to supplying Specialist pet retail traders the best quality merchandise available at the best possible prices. That means great value for money and a great range of products to choose from for consumers.
We now have an opportunity for a Regional Sales Development Manager to join our team looking after the South East region covering Luton, Gillingham and Southampton depots. Key responsibilities of the role, amongst others, will be to:-
- Achieve and exceed company sales and margin targets
- Grow the Cash & Carry, Delivered and Pet Retail Club group by identifying and recruiting suitable independent pet retailers for each sector and converting retailers from other pet wholesalers
- Introduce to new and existing retailers new products and services, as required
- Minimise customer attrition in line with company targets
- Identify stores that are appropriate for Pet Retail Club
- Monitor sales against budget as well as account trends, taking corrective action where needed
- Ensure all retailers are ordering/buying on time
- Plan weekly journey plans in line with regular call cycles
- Undertake promotion pre-sells and the selling of top deals as indicated by the sales team
- Ensure compliance checks are undertaken as directed and correctly reported on in all Pet Retail club Members
We’re looking for exceptional sales managers with a background in retail, ideally with a good understanding of the independent pet sector. Target and budget driven, you’ll also be a dynamic problem solver who can expertly manage relationships with customers and suppliers to achieve mutual goals.
At Bestway, we’re passionate about meeting our customers’ needs and working as a team to grow our business. So if you’re looking for an opportunity to make an impact in an ambitious company, that’s built its way up from humble beginnings, you could be the sort of Regional Sales Development Manager we’re looking for.