NHS RightCare is a national NHS England supported programme that focuses on improving population healthcare in a way that contributes to the financial sustainability of the NHS. This is a key priority of NHS England’s Five Year Forward View, with delivery being driven through Regional Teams.
NHS RightCare helps to ensure the best possible care is delivered as efficiently as possible which is essential for both patients and the NHS. Ensuring people access the right care, in the right place at the right time, means more people can be treated effectively, now and in the future. Using leading edge medical evidence and practical support, NHS RightCare helps local health economies to understand how money is spent to deliver the best care in different parts of the country.
NHS RightCare actively works with every clinical commissioning group (CCG) and sustainable transformation partnership (STP) in England and comprises professionals of all backgrounds providing delivery, analytical, clinical advisory and programme management support.
NHS RightCare supports local health economies to:
- Make the best use of their resources - by tackling over and under-use of these, as identified by unwarranted variation in healthcare and associated costs
- Understand their performance - by identifying variation between demographically similar populations so they can adopt and implement optimal care pathways more efficiently and effectively
- Focus on areas of greatest opportunity by identifying priority programmes which offer the best means to improve healthcare for people.
The team is rapidly expanding, with new staff coming on-board within the NHS England National Team to assist the Regional teams in providing direct delivery support to CCGs and STPs to implement the NHS RightCare approach.
- Identify and develop initiatives that can deliver improvements and efficiencies within the system.
- Deliver products to assist any sites that want to implement the initiatives so that a site can use it to implement from inception to business as usual
- Be a functioning part of the wider product development team, working closely with other central and regional colleagues.
- Lead regionally on the management of any products that have an input coming from that area.
Innovation Evaluation Spread
- Evidenced skills of leading a transformational change programme at scale
- Experience of understanding, developing and using a variety of qualitative and quantitative evaluation techniques.
- Experience of delivering programmes across regional and national teams where multiple stakeholders from different organisations are involved.
- Provide and receive highly complex, sensitive and contentious information, negotiate with senior stakeholders on difficult and controversial issues, and present complex and sensitive information to large and influential groups.
- Problem solving skills and ability to respond to sudden unexpected demands.
- Ability to analyse complex facts and situations and develop a range of options.
You will have excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills, be able to apply your experience in complex situations and have experience of working in a variety of healthcare environments/services. You will need to be able to engage and influence a range of stakeholders including executive leads and clinicians.
We would welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds who have the appropriate experience /skills
This role covers NHS RightCare Midlands region, the successful individual will be based at one of the NHS RightCare offices within this region (Birmingham, Leicester, Fulbourn )
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview, which will include an assessment task, during week commencing 25th March 2018.
Further information regarding RightCare and how to apply please visit the microsite link below.
If you would like to understand more about the role, please contact Martin Chadwick at Axon Resourcing.
- Change Management
- Data Analysis