Regional Operations Manager
REGIONAL OPERATIONS MANAGER
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Location: South East Region
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 19th April 2018
Are you a motivated, organized individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you're looking for change, and you're ready to make changes … we're looking for you.
DHL Supply Chain is a world-class company, and we hire world-class people. People who aren't afraid to work hard - in fact, people who want to work hard.
Our Operations Managers do just that - every day, all day. They have the drive to lead, the passion for excellence, and the enthusiasm for team development that we need. They're not just ready to face the challenges of the day - they're psyched about it because they know they are an essential part of everyday life.
If this sounds like a team you'd like to join … keep reading.
We make promises to our customers, and we'll make promises to you too. In this Operations Manager role:
* You'll manage multiple areas with multiple priorities and multiple stakeholders - every day
* Your supervisors will share your passion for excellence - because those are the only kinds of people we hire
* You'll have a seat at the table where your observations and suggestions will be heard and acted on
* You'll set the direction for your team, providing guidance toward continuous improvement
* You'll support your team's development through the endless learning opportunities DHL Supply Chain offers
* You won't be micro-managed by your General Manager - but you will be held accountable
* You'll learn, grow, and become the type of manager you'd like to work for
* You'll love it
You won't find another Operations Manager job like the one you'll find with DHL Supply Chain. Now, here's what we need from you:
* Key understanding of legislative requirements for health and safety applicable to area of responsibility, able to demonstrate competent and proactive management of H&S agenda including clear measurements of safety related issues, continuously improving safety record of area
* Objective setting - experience in setting targets for performance improvements
* Resource Planning - Able to produce and implement short to medium term resource plans
* International CPC (Desirable)
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL:
Facts and FiguresDivisionV7, SUPPLY CHAINEmployment TypePermanent Full-TimeBusiness UnitDHL Supply Chain UKContract TypePermanent (Full-Time)LocationLondonWorking HoursJob TypeWarehousing, Package Handling & DistributionShift RequirementEveningCareer LevelSenior ManagersRelocation OfferedNoneResponsible forTravel RequiredBelow 75%Reports toRegional Operations ManagerTravel ExtentWithin countryTarget Hire Date19/04/2018Work Permit RequiredYes