Reporting to the Administration Director, and being a key member of the management team, you will be actively involved in the management and delivery of our clients pension administration services across the whole business.
Your role will be to provide full time management of 3 teams with a particular focus on commercial, people, client and process development. For the right individual client management and fee earning work will also be involved, but the priority of the role is the on-going delivery of services, the development of the capabilities of those reporting to you, and of the systems, procedures, and compliance framework used by the company as a whole.
Ideally you will already be an experienced and successful pension professional and you will have a strong track record in managing, developing and delivering pensions and employee benefits services.
- Contribute to maintaining the high quality standards required within the company, and seek continually to enhance the quality long term sustainability of the services provided to our clients across the business.
- Manage and continually develop the pension's administration capability in 3 locations by demonstrating positive leadership skills and actively mentoring Operations Managers when required.
- Actively contribute to the attraction, training and retention of employees by recruiting appropriately; and motivating, rewarding and developing existing employees. Manage HR issues, and coordinate administration resources across the whole of Administration in conjunction with the Administration Directors.
- Develop the commercial aspects of the function, involving Operation Managers/Administration Managers in tendering and client facing work, billing effectively for value added to clients, and ensure that profit is delivered. Participate in on-going detailed analysis of the efficiency of our systems and processes.
- Take the lead on tendering processes, creating responses to tenders, leading admin only tenders and leading the administration aspects of full service tenders.
- Conduct client assignments such as trustee secretarial appointments, project work, client relationship management etc.
- Build strong and productive relationships with senior colleagues across the business, in all other offices.
- Lead on strategic business change and effectively manage the implementation of new practices and processes.
- Forge strong relationships with external suppliers, when tasked to do so.
- Ability to demonstrate a very thorough knowledge of technical pension administration activities and the ability to apply this knowledge to any scheme.
- Previous pensions administration experience of both Defined Benefit (DB) and Defined Contributions (DC) schemes is required.
- Proven experience in all areas of the new business lifecycle including formulating and writing proposals, preparing and delivering client pitches and subsequent client negotiations.
- Experience of operating within and contributing to a compliant framework, and a strong understanding of quality standards.
- Previous line management experience is required, including appraisal process, HR issue management, performance management and recruitment related activities.
- IT proficient, in particular Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- Educated to a minimum of A Level or Degree or equivalent standard.
- APMI (or applicants deemed 'qualified by experience' would be considered).
- Proven leadership proficiency - both mentoring and motivating.
- Interpersonal and communication skills required to inspire, motivate, lead and manage a diverse team of professionals from trainee to senior consultant levels.
- A high degree of organisation with the ability to plan and prioritise workloads.
- A strong results oriented commercial and professional focus.
- Confidence in dealing at board room level and have a creative and forward-thinking approach.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'