Job Title: Regional Operations Manager
Location: North Region, UK
Salary: £45K DOE, plus a car
Industry: Waste Management
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Acorn Recruitment is currently searching for an experienced Regional Operations Manager to join our Waste Management client based in Preston.
The main purpose of this role is to lead a network of End-of-Life vehicle and Scrap Metal processing sites, across the North of the UK. Our client operates 9 sites across the country, with more scheduled to open in 2018. You will be required to coach and manage the performance of the company's Site Managers, implement processes to drive scorecard performances across a range of Safety, Compliance, Productivity and Financial metrics, and embed a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
* Directly manage a team of around 10 Site Managers, who in turn lead teams of 10 - 30 operatives.
* Lead the safety culture within your team to deliver our client's vision of zero accidents
* Be a hands-on leader who is as comfortable working alongside people in all weathers as they are presenting business proposals to the board.
* Manage the performance, development and attendance of your people in a structured way that raises the performance bar and delivers consistent cross scorecard improvement.
* Plan and deliver, daily and weekly, operations plans that ensure great customer service and improving productivity.
* Coordinate day-to-day operations via face-to-face meetings, conference calls and phone calls, providing upward feed as required.
* Coach your team to critically evaluate their performance, devise and deliver plans to make our operations performance truly world-class.
* Ensure your team look after their equipment - plan in regular preventative maintenance, complete daily checks and operate in accordance with standard operating procedures.
* WAMITAB Qualified Manager
* Experienced in End of Life (ELV) vehicle operations and / or Scrap Metal buying and Processing Operations
* A proven successful leader with a track record of Operations management in a performance-driven environment
* Experience of continuous improvement programmes (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma)
If you are interested in working for a fast growing company, and you fit the criteria above, then please apply online today!
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
- Regional Operations Manager
- WAMITAB qualified
- End of Life Vehicle operations experience
- and / or Scrap Metal processing experience.