Regional Operations Manager - Midlands and Gloucester
Nexus Fostering are looking to recruit a Regional Operations Manager to cover the Midlands & Gloucester region.
Who are we?
Nexus Fostering is an Ofsted rated 'Outstanding’ Independent Fostering Agency. We work in close partnership with local authorities to identify and meet the needs of their children, and provide safe, secure and therapeutic placements.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate and skilled Regional Operations Manager to join the team. As Regional Operations Manager, you will be part of the Operational Management Team and will be responsible for a number of local Area Managers and their teams.
As Regional Operations Manager you will be fully conversant with the regulations and standards set out in Fostering Services Regulations, National Minimum Standards and current childcare law.
- To work as part of the Operational Management Team - promoting and developing the high quality children’s services the agency provides, and to deputise for the Registered Manager in their absence.
- Participate in the Operations Managers on call rota.
- Provide positive and dynamic leadership for a number of Area Managers and their local teams.
- Liaise with carers, their families and all children and young people placed with them and the Local Authorities that placed them with the agency.
- Ensuring the delivery of our mix of fostering services, including specialist therapeutic provision and liaison with the clinical team.
- Strategic planning with the Director and Registered Manager for the agency as a whole and supervision of devolved budgets.
- Ensuring training and supervision of staff and carers is provided and 'Outstanding’ best practice strived for at all times in liaison with the QA Assistant Director.
- Attend regional team and area meetings.
- Attend NAFP meetings as a representative of the organisation.
- Review and set local budgets with Area Managers and ensure these are maintained.
- Responsible for appointing, supporting, managing and developing staff.
- Operational and strategic management of the fostering service, including all necessary administration tasks alongside the Registered Manager.
- Responsibility for implementing new developments in legislation, best practice.
- Ensure regulations and requirements for OFSTED or other inspection bodies or consortium are complied with and continued registration is maintained.
- Ensure all requirements regarding notifications are completed.
- To ensure a prompt and procedurally correct response to all safeguarding matters.
- To participate and contribute effectively in all meetings.
- To monitor record keeping in foster carers files, children’s files and notifiable matters.
- To maintain client confidentiality at all times in accordance with GDPR.
- Recognised Social Work qualification, DipSW/CQSW/CSS.
- Current registration with Social Work England.
- Management qualification preferable .
- Knowledge of all current childcare legislation and current legislation and regulations governing the delivery of fostering services.
- Minimum of 9 years post qualification.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience of fostering.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of management.
- Experience of managing budgets and ability to work within agreed budgets.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Understanding of the business context the organisation works within.
- IT confident.
- Ability to motivate self and others, to lead Area Managers .
- Management and supervisory experience.
- Clear and concise communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work with children and families.
Why work for us?
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
- Generous Annual Leave - 28 days PLUS your Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Birthday Leave - a paid day off for your birthday
- Good Health Days - no sickness in a 6 month period and get an additional day off!
- Refer A Friend Scheme with a monetary incentive
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Platform that provides access to advice and support 24/7
- Auto Enrolment Pension
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Optional Private Healthcare Scheme
- Eyecare Vouchers
Everyone is welcome…
Diversity and inclusion are the principles for how we build our teams and Nexus Fostering strives to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are valued and celebrated. We want a workforce which represents the communities we serve and work to ensure no applicant or employee is treated unfairly on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, religion or identity. We recognise and value the individual differences and contributions of all employees and believe that by working together we can achieve equality for all.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'