***You must be an NMC Registered Nurse with an active PIN to be considered for this vacancy***
Peripatetic Nurse - Bedforshire
Up to £37,440 a year
24-36 hour contract
Paid Pension Scheme
NMC registration fee paid for (T&C apply)
Welcome Bonus of up to £2000 (T&C apply)
Travel Expenses Paid
We are currently recruiting for a Peripatetic Nurse to join us. You will be supporting a number of Care Homes across the Bedfordshire area. We are looking for like-minded people to join our family. People who have a caring nature, patience and a passion for providing excellence in care. As a NMC Registered Nurse you will have the autonomy to practice and to lead and support whilst ensuring the physical, emotional and medical requirements of our residents are met.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To be accountable to the Regional Manager/Director for delivery of the agreed improvement plan for the Home.
- Maintain the safe day to day running of the Home, working in partnership with the Home Manager and senior team in the home.
- To ensure that the Home operates according to its registration status and conditions and complies with all legal requirements.
- To lead the team in the Home to achieve the best possible outcomes for its residents.
- Provide effective support and supervision to the Homes staff.
- To develop, promote and maintain high standards of care and best practice.
- To develop, implement and maintain the systems and structures needed to run the Home in the interests of its residents.
- Address the care and health needs of each resident and to make sure they are kept safe and well protected.
- Develop good working relationships within the Home.
- Maintain a safe environment for residents and staff and to respond to all health and safety requirements.
- Establish effective working relationships and other healthcare professionals and all of the Homes stakeholders.
- Engage in effective methods for auditing and assuring the quality of the Homes provision and services.
- Planning for each allocated placement/shift
- The allocated place of work will be determined by the Regional Manager/Director, based on requests from Home Managers for short/long term permanent staff absence, annual leave or recruitment gap cover inrespective Homes
- Shift and placement length will be agreed by the Regional Manager/Director. Any additional hours to be worked need to be previously authorised by the Regional Manager/Director
- Placements or shifts can be days, nights, weekdays and weekends, including Bank and public holidays, as determined by the needs of Homes and agreed by the Regional Manager/Director
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Respect the confidentiality of information in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act at all times.
- Ensure the dignity and respect of every resident is maintained at all times.
- Travel as required within the area and other areas within the company for business and training.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.
Health and safety:
Co-operate with the employer to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation and the health and safety policies and procedures of the home, not intentionally or recklessly interfere with, or misuse, anything provided in the interests of health, safety or welfare, in pursuance of the relevant statutory provisions.
Education and Qualification:
- Registered Nurse (PIN active)
- Continual Professional Education
- Level 3 certificate or diploma in care management or equivalent is desirable.
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle.