Location: North East
Salary: £45k + bonus, OTE £60-70k
The key KPI's for Retail Regional/Area Manager in this business are to maximize the sales and profit performance of the area. Through the effective development and management of all store managers, company processes, sales opportunities and the effective deployment of available resources on your area you will succeed in this role.
You will be passionate about over achieving your KPI delivery and the overall P&L performance achievement for your area. You must be accustomed to working within a high volume and performance retail environment. Your people skills and commitment to driving the customer experience must be second to none.
- You will have the ability to motivate and coach your store teams and have an inspirational leadership style. The successful candidate will represent this brand in a positive and motivated manner in line with their strong core values.
- A proven track record of managing a successful large area within a volume high performance focused retailer
- A confident and effective communicator with excellent decision making skills
- Passion for retail, sales and delivering high levels of customer service at all times
- Ability to engage talent, build team spirit and challenge goals
- Demonstrating commercial awareness, providing information and analysis
- Strong planning and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise to achieve tangible results
- A high level of energy and personal drive for the attainment of corporate goals
- A deep knowledge of the retail market with exceptional business acumen and commercial awareness
- A balanced self-confidence in the ability to lead and direct with vision, a diverse group of colleagues with different skill sets
- Excellent interpersonal management skills with the ability to achieve strategic goals through other people
- The nature to positively seek opportunities to develop self and management colleagues of the future
- The ability to be resilient under pressure and seek constant challenge whilst retaining care for every detail in the business operation
- An individual attitude with the ability to challenge the accepted norms and set new higher business standards
THE ROLE – KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure full delivery of business strategy and key delivery areas
- Ensure all business-related information is communicated and understood at all levels
- Deliver a consistent, high energy, fast paced selling environment within your store group
- Attract and recruit store management teams in line with company standard
- Actively develop store management capability in order to sustain area, regional and company succession plan
- Produce a region operational plan that will deliver the retail plan, encompassing performance, customers, people and profit
- Conduct store visits which will ensure the delivery of consistent performance, adherence to company and legislative standards and compliance to policies and procedures
- Challenge and review working practices and propose improvements
- Ability to create for everyone a shared vision and direction
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of people, resulting in clear direction & development of their careers
- Proactively and dynamically motivates self to achieve results and generates passion through others
- Ability to plan and prioritise simultaneously on short, medium and long-term objectives
- Confidence to take risks to achieve superior results but also prepared to learn from mistakes
Our client is an ambitious family owned business, who due to continued success will be expanding further throughout the coming years. They are passionate about the products and services they provide to their customers. With an amazing people development and training plan you will have the support you need to excel within their business!
This role is being handled by McCarthy Recruitment, award winning specialist retail & HR recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. McCarthy is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with, our difference is our commitment to providing a professional and personalised recruitment service of the highest quality.
We provide our candidates with a consultative, honest, high quality and efficient service which develops long term relationships ensuring we become the preferred consultancy for all our clients and candidates. We pride ourselves on understanding people – we are real, we get to the real you and we will get you real results. But then, put simply - It’s the way we work.
McCarthy Recruitment is retained and exclusive on this assignment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Apply for this role now or find us online at:
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job