Our client a large manufacturer in Birmingham is looking for a Regional Manager/Warehouse Manager to join their team.
The distribution area to be covered is Birmingham centre, Greater Birmingham areas, Derby, Nottingham, Leicester, Wolverhampton, Coventry, Warwick, Stratford-upon-Avon.
Working hours will be;
Approximately 2.30/3.30 am - 1pm/2pm Monday to Thursday and 5.00 am - midday on Fridays.
- Day to day operation management
- Carry out produce buying from the wholesale market
- Identifying high-quality and fresh products
- Negotiating prices and developing relationships with suppliers
- Managing the daily packing of produce in a presentable way
- Managing stock in the pack house
- Keeping control of non-fruit stock and liaising with Head Office on accessory requirements
- Carry out the recruitment, training and supervision of packers and drivers as the business grows
- Printing delivery schedules each day, and identifying route improvements to ensure all deliveries are carried out as efficiently as possible.
- Be involved with local sales and marketing initiatives in the Midlands region
The successful candidate will require the following attributes;
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in a logistics, distribution or customer service role.
- Have experience of managing and delegating tasks to staff
- Be energetic and driven
- Have excellent communication skills with an ability to motivate people
- Have an attention to detail and value the importance of good presentation
- Fluent in English
- A good knowledge of Birmingham and surrounding areas is important
- Full clean driving license and experience of driving a van
- Basic/Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills required
If this role is of interest to you then please apply today!
- Fresh Produce
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job