Brakes Group is a leading supplier to the foodservice sector in the UK, Ireland, France and Sweden. The Group is committed to provide its customers with outstanding service, products and foodservice solutions, its people with a ‘great place to work’ and its suppliers with a great company to partner.
Owned by Sysco, the world’s leading foodservice company, Brakes Group comprises a family of specialist businesses which are able to deliver everything the caterer needs. It provides a professional, friendly regional service supported by a national network of depots, which ensures it offers an exceptional and individual service to each and every one of its customers
Part Qualified Management Accountant
To provide an appropriate balance of support and challenge to the Distribution Centre management teams to enable them to achieve the business objective of sustainable profitable growth, with key focus on effective operational delivery and high levels of customer service. This role will be predominately based out of Reading Depot, supporting our Premier Park and Thorpe Depots and as a result some travelling between the sites will be required (company car will be provided).
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Provision, analysis and interpretation of weekly and monthly reports to enable Distribution Centre performance to be monitored and enhanced
- Production of monthly management accounts and variance analysis
- Provide weekly flash and monthly forecasts of depot costs and volumes
- Reporting and monitoring of KPIs & volume on a weekly basis
- Close liaison with the Distribution Centre management teams to help identify trends, new opportunities, underperformance and such other issues as may enhance the performance and profitability of the business
- First point of contact for Distribution Centre management teams for Finance related matters
- Assist in the production of robust Budgets and Forecasts
- Ensure compliance with Group policies and procedures to deliver tight financial control
- Involvement in ad hoc projects and queries as required by the Regional Finance Manager, and other senior Regional management
- To identify and resolve errors and discrepancies.
- To plan, organize and manage own workload to ensure your contribution to the department’s monthly and financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner.
- To create, develop and maintain accounting spreadsheets used in the Finance function.
- To champion a culture of process improvement and assist with the execution of change programmes
- To maintain departmental MI/SAP systems.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Part qualified / Finalist (e.g. CIMA/ACCA) who is looking to take the next step in their career
- Advanced level MS Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills and have the ability to liaise with both finance and non-finance individuals
- Ability to work alongside various senior stakeholders
- Experience in a fast paced and commercial working environment
- Accomplished interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of SAP would be advantageous
- Experience of a Distribution-based industry is desirable
Brakes Group is committed to reducing the environmental impact the business has on both the communities it serves and the countries it operates in. It has ISO 14001 accreditation - an internationally recognised standard for environmental performance.
Brakes Group operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Brakes UK uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Brakes UK would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s), basic DBS certificate and basic credit check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job