Management Accountant, based mainly at READING, with travel to THORPE, PREMIER PARK & BRIGHTON– Benefits include: Company car, Pension, healthcare, free parking, subsidised canteen, discounted products and services, brilliant reward and recognition scheme, excellent career development and much more!
From T-Bone in Tamworth to a hotpot in a hospital, from risotto in Reading to whole lobster at a Michelin starred restaurant, we deliver over 1.5 million items to our customers each and every day. Your local pub, your favourite restaurant, your children’s schools all have one thing in common – Brakes Group. We’re growing and we’re always on the lookout for people who share our big appetite for success.
As a Depot based Management Accountant, you will be responsible for providing an appropriate balance of support and challenge to the Distribution Centre management teams to enable them to achieve the business objective of sustainable profitable growth, with key focus on effective operational delivery and high levels of customer service. This role will be predominately based out of Reading Depot, supporting our Premier Park and Thorpe Depots and as a result some travelling between the sites will be required (company car will be provided).
You'll be a valuable member of the Finance Team, planning for success and leading your team effectively to achieve our plans and deliver results
Part Qualified Management Accountant
To provide an appropriate balance of support and challenge to the Distribution Centre management teams to enable them to achieve the business objective of sustainable profitable growth, with key focus on effective operational delivery and high levels of customer service. This role will be predominately based out of Reading Depot, supporting our Premier Park and Thorpe Depots and as a result some travelling between the sites will be required (company car will be provided).
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Provision, analysis and interpretation of weekly and monthly reports to enable Distribution Centre performance to be monitored and enhanced
- Production of monthly management accounts and variance analysis
- Provide weekly flash and monthly forecasts of depot costs and volumes
- Reporting and monitoring of KPIs & volume on a weekly basis
- Close liaison with the Distribution Centre management teams to help identify trends, new opportunities, underperformance and such other issues as may enhance the performance and profitability of the business
- First point of contact for Distribution Centre management teams for Finance related matters
- Assist in the production of robust Budgets and Forecasts
- Ensure compliance with Group policies and procedures to deliver tight financial control
- To plan, organize and manage own workload to ensure your contribution to the department’s monthly and financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner.
- To champion a culture of process improvement and assist with the execution of change programmes.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Part qualified / Finalist (e.g. CIMA/ACCA) who is looking to take the next step in their career, as well as advanced level MS Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills and have the ability to liaise with both finance and non-finance individuals
- Ability to work alongside various senior stakeholders with experience in a fast paced and commercial working environment
- Ability to work at multiple depots- so Driving License will be required.
Knowledge of SAP would be advantageous
Experience of a Distribution-based industry is desirable
Caring passionately for our customers
Doing the right thing
Working together as one team
Being the best we can be
Here at Brakes Group, we have a simple mission – to help businesses who serve food to thrive. And as we have been serving chefs across the food industry for nearly 60 years, with a business built on quality, reliability, innovation and trust, it’s no surprise that we know what we’re doing.
And with a culture where everyone works together as one team to be the best we can be, with a real focus on our brilliant people, there is no doubt that we have the right ingredients to make your career a successful one. If you’re looking for development we can help you achieve your aspirations. We have clear career paths and learning programmes which will support you at every step of the way. We also have a whole range of Apprenticeships and a Graduate Programme so there really is something for you at every level of your career whether you are just starting out or are a seasoned professional. And being part of Sysco – the Global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products; the opportunities really are endless.
If this isn’t enough, we offer a whole realm of fantastic benefits and incentives including
• Discounts on products and services
• Clear career pathways and development
• Excellent rewards and recognition schemes
• Pension plan
• Additional holiday purchase
Brakes UK uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Brakes UK would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s), basic DBS certificate and basic credit check.
FEED YOUR AMBITION. DELIVER YOUR FUTURE
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job