Regional Learning and Development Officer
Contract: Full Time
Learning and Development (L&D) Officer to support our business in the effective delivery of the L&D strategy, in support of the wider and local strategic plan. Reporting to the Head of Learning and Development you will identify development needs enabling you to design, create and deliver solutions across the organisation at every level. You will be responsible for setting clear points of evaluation and demonstrating the degree of success achieved for all L&D interventions.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The Regional Learning & Development Officer will establish close working relationships with the Regional Managers in their regions. You will act as an ambassador for Optical Express, supporting the company Mission, Vision and Values; and delivering on key objectives through education, collaboration and demonstration.
Main aspect of the role
- Create, design and deliver mandatory, developmental, supporting materials, and organisational change training requirements for new and existing staff across your region and the wider business where necessary.
- Monitor learning requirements for staff training and competence and ensure all requirements and subsequent changes are reflected in all training materials.
- Provide development and1:1 support through coaching, observation and feedback
- Record, collate and retain management information to demonstrate progress
- KPIs and departmental goals and objectives.
- To contribute to L&D communications
- To keep up to date with current thinking on training practice and methods; e-learning development etc.
- Provide high quality customer service across your region through communication, support, timely response and key stakeholder engagement.
- Assist in the design / redesign of the L&D reference pages / materials
Essential Skills and Experience
- Dispensing Optician qualification or equivalent industry experience
- Very strong presentation skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- A strong ability to influence and motivate others
- Good IT skills
- Excellent organisation, planning & time management skills
- Must be extremely well presented and professional
- Experience with PDPs
- A team player
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Professional and personal development
- Free or discounted optical products procedures
- Career progression
- Modern working environment with superb technology support
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global organisation where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop within a professional working environment
The role covers a wide geography as such there is flexibility in the base location of the successful candidate. That said, there is a requirement to travel fairly frequently therefore overnight stays within the Region is a necessary element of the role.
We’ve come a long way since the first Optical Express opened in 1991. From just one store, we’ve grown to almost 130 stores and clinics and have become the UK’s largest complete eye care provider. From glasses and contact lenses to laser, lens and cataract surgery, we’re here to make poor vision a thing of the past for our patients, why not join us on our journey?
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'