- Provide professional advice and support in relation to Occupational Safety and Health and Environmental Management, for all activities within the Humberside, Lincolnshire & North Yorkshire Community Rehabilitation Company (HLNY CRC) and the West Yorkshire Community Rehabilitation Company (WY CRC).
- Support allocated operational structures in delivering HSE excellence by ensuring a process approach is developed and maintained in line with the requirements of the HSE Management System whilst ensuring continuous improvement and business resilience across the areas they have responsibility for.
- Ensure that a holistic approach is taken towards HSE matters including technical and engineering work activities through close liaison with the management teams.
- Ensure that the requirements of the HSE Management System are delivered throughout their area of responsibility.
- Ensure that incidents and near misses are effectively managed, reported, investigated and are made subject to root cause analysis in line with company procedures throughout their area of responsibility.
- Answering directly to the Head of Health, Safety and Environment (HHSE) this role will be home based with regular travel within the Yorkshire and Lincolnshire region. There may be a need for travel to other locations within the UK and occasional nights away to cover the operational activities within the Yorkshire and Lincolnshire region or to support the wider Citizen Services HSE team across the UK.
- Support the Head of Health, Safety and Environment with the delivery and monitoring of HSE plans which underpin the HSE strategy and supports the achievement of our operational objectives.
- Be a key member of the Citizen Services HSE Team by participating in the deployment of the HSE Management System and participate in projects to improve the level of effectiveness of the HSE Management System as required.
- Build and develop effective, collaborative working relationships with the operational leadership and managements teams to ensure they are supported in order to positively take HSE forward across their area of responsibility.
- Proactively work with the operational leadership and management teams to improve our safety culture, and to develop a motivational and rewarding working environment that will facilitate the achievement of business objectives and company values.
- Champion the use of the HSE Management System across the CRC’s and ensure the quality of information contained in these key systems is as required.
- Ensure the operational team are aware of and delivering to the company’s HSE KPIs and report monthly on progress. Where areas of non-conformance or areas for improvement are identified ensure that these are raised and escalated as necessary to gain compliance and improvement.
- Drive the delivery of HSE excellence across the operational areas they are responsible for, monitor HSE compliance levels and foster a positive relationship between the operational teams and the HSE team to ensure continuous improvement and regular review of CRC operational needs.
- Support and encourage positive employee engagement and communication processes at all levels. Build constructive working relationships with client and union representatives as required.
- Support HSE initiatives and projects outside of assigned areas of responsibility as allocated by the Head of Health, Safety and Environment.
- Collaborate with mobilisation teams and assist as allocated.
- Support the operational teams in the management of incidents and near misses including incident investigation and the application of HSE guidance in relation to RIDDOR reportable events or other notifiable events with the relevant enforcing authorities.
- Support the operational teams in the development of effective business continuity plans and arrangements.
Key Results Area
- Development of positive, cooperative and collaborative relationships with all the interested parties across Interserve and its Customers.
- Be a valued and effective member of the Citizen Services HSE Team.
- Demonstrate, through effective delivery, high standards in supporting the implementation of HSE policies, processes and practices.
- The provision of effective support to facilitate continuous improvement in operational HSE procedures and systems.
- Attendance and active participation in meetings as required and the provision of management information as required.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent Qualification.
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health or equivalent Level 3 Qualification.
- Chartered Member of IOSH (minimum of Tech IOSH Membership).
- Have a demonstrable working knowledge of Quality Assurance.
- Have a demonstrable working knowledge of Environmental Management.
- Hold a recognised incident investigator qualification or substantial experience of incident investigation.
- Hold a recognised internal auditor qualification or substantial experience of auditing.
- Have a minimum of 3 years demonstrable career progressive experience in a similar HSE role within a challenging service organisation.
- Experience in providing competent HSE advice in a multi-site environment and interpreting H&S legislation to managers and staff.
- Ability/experience of undertaking H&S audits, inspections, risk assessments; investigating accidents/incidents, providing reports and recommendations.
- Ability/experience in developing and H&S reference material, including policies, procedures, technical guidance and training materials as required.
- Experience in delivering H&S initiatives and training.
- Demonstrable experience of the maintenance of HSE management systems.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills including report writing.
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office Applications, (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- An understanding of SharePoint information systems.
- Familiar with IT support systems.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'